Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 03-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker biscuit rest !!!

This is a picture of the Best containment rest avalable
this rest eleminates Fletch contact and friction causing a loss in speed.
GKF Shootout.

Old 03-03-2003, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

I' ve been thinking about trying a containment rest such as a shoot out or a zapper but i' ve been wondering don' t these rests effectively bring your brace height to zero as now bow torque will effect arrow flight until the arrow clears the rest instead of until it leaves the string?
Old 03-03-2003, 06:45 PM

Just started using a whisker biscuit this past season and really liked it. Very accurate and no noticable decrease in arrow speed. In the past while hunting I have had arrows fall of the rest but not anymore. I will continue to use the whisker biscuit.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

2droptine, very good point and my concern exactly. I can say that right now I have the bisquit on both of my bows and if it wasn' t for fletching wear I' d say it' s as close to perfect as you could hope for.
The differance with the bisquit vs other containment rest is that it grabs all three fletching equally, straightening their flight path as they go through it. That might sound silly, but it explains the ease of bullet holes when paper tuning one of these rest. Just center the rest with the sight bolts and the centerline of the bow, make sure your knock is where it should be and you' ll get bullet holes. Perfected tweeking comes from group size down range.

One bad thing about the ease of bullet holes with this rest is deception in thinking all is good with a pefect hole. A coworker of mine went to a proshop where the salesperson papertuned his bow with a bisquit and then sold him some expandables and said he was good to hunt. Two wounded animals later and he has sworn off deer hunting with a bow. MORAL= papertuned doesn' t equal perfect arrow flight.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:26 PM

I believe that the whisker biscuit is the best containment arrowrest available. It is accurate, quiet, durable, and completely reliable. This is the only containment rest for sale at Cabelas and it is the rest that started the category of containment rests to begin with. The reason this rest so popular is simple, it works.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

There people who don' t like the Whisker Biscuit, and talk it down (or post a pic of a competitor' s rest, even though no one really asked about it.)

I used to have my doubts about them, especially noise on the draw, and accuracy. I am currently trying out a biscuit that I trimmed flat, and cut a loading notch in like the new ones that are available. I am shooting quite well at short range so far. I was trying the biscuit and a Starhunter before possibly getting a Muzzy Zero Effect rest. The bow shoots well with either of these simple rests, and the biscuit has the added advantage of being a containment rest. The bow I am shooting is not the most forgiving bow out there, with 34" axle length and 7" brace height, but I was putting field points and broadheads consistently into an aiming spot that is about
1 1/2 ." True, it was only at 16 yards (max distance I can shoot in my basement), but it is also only March, LOL. I have some time to fine tune if it is needed. I think I have finally decided to use this rest and not worry about it. Don' t be afraid to try one.

As another poster mentioned, you can easily be misled by looking only at the paper tune, as it can sometimes show a bullet hole even though the rest is not in the ideal position. I would definitely reccommend group tuning after paper tuning with this rest (as well as most others).

Good Luck!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]