Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

i really don't like blitz fletching jigs

Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 PM

Default i really don't like blitz fletching jigs

I just got done using a new one. It's awful. The magnet is so freaking strong I have a hard time putting things where i want them.

I must be doing something wrong, but i'm not sure what.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

The one I used to use that didn't use magnets was 100x better.

ARGH!!!

just had to vent, but seriously, has anyone else had this problem?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: i really don't like blitz fletching jigs

There is a reason the magnet is that strong. So you don't have to sit there and apply pressure to the clamp while the glue is drying.

Place the clamp on the magnet firstand then simply slide the clamp down to the shaft with the rear of the clamp in contact with the jig. The Bitz's are very very easy to use.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The point of the strong magnet is to hold the fletch firmly in position without any give. It is actually one of the good things I like about the Bitzenberger. I always slide things in at an angle. I slantthetop of the clamp away from the shaft and slide the bottom of the clamp into position and resting against the back of the jig where the nock is seated. Then, using the bottom as a pivot point, rotate the top of the clamp towards the shaft. That seats the fletch onto the shaft neatly and cleanly. Then I give it a little pressure to make sure everything is seated along the length of the fletch and wait a couple minutes. Remove the clamp, rotate the shaft. put on another fletch.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM

I think you are the first person I have ever heard of with a complaint about the Bitz
Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

The point of the strong magnet is to hold the fletch firmly in position without any give. It is actually one of the good things I like about the Bitzenberger. I always slide things in at an angle. I slantthetop of the clamp away from the shaft and slide the bottom of the clamp into position and resting against the back of the jig where the nock is seated. Then, using the bottom as a pivot point, rotate the top of the clamp towards the shaft. That seats the fletch onto the shaft neatly and cleanly. Then I give it a little pressure to make sure everything is seated along the length of the fletch and wait a couple minutes. Remove the clamp, rotate the shaft. put on another fletch.
X2

Dan
Old 03-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

X2

Dan
X3 and i'm a first timer .
Old 03-04-2008, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

No problems here, with my Bltz..How much you want for it..LOL
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't sell it to glockman, I'll buy it! THey are by far the best and most precise jig out there. WIth the magnets being as strong as they are, that ensures consistency with every single fletch you apply.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

You just gotta get the hang of it. Trust me and everyone else that has ever used one... they are the best out there.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:16 PM
bigcountry

I have had a bitz for years, and I find it clunky and not as made out. I can't get that strong of helical as I would like, and you have to play endlessly trying to get the right setting for different setups.

Quick Reply: i really don't like blitz fletching jigs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.