Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

video yourself!!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default video yourself!!

WOW...!

today is 60+ degrees and beautiful out...i started my spring break...nothin better to do than shoot the bow outside right?? indoors is getting old!

i had my camera in my pocket and decided to play around with it videoing myself shooting. all i can say is BOY am i glad i did!! i know enough about form to pick out obvious faults on my own...so i wont post the videos yet..i got some work to do!! i never noticed that my feet point AWAY from the target..i think that comes back to tree stand shooting..keeping my feet close and bending at the waist..and i noticed my hips are forward, and im leaning back like my DL is long...but my shoulder is real high like my draw legnth is short...i have a feeling that once i straighten out my feet and stand up square, my draw legnth will fall right into place...

also noticed that the tweety birds in the neighbors yard are louder than my bow. thought that was kinda neat..could just be the way the camera picks up sound..but its pretty quiet..i never got to hear it be fired before..all i hear is the arrow nailing the target most of the time..

so if you get bored, get out the camera and set it up or have someone else video you shooting a couple rounds...i had no idea that i was so akward!

maybe i'll post a video if i get the bugs worked out...as of now, i got more arrows to fling and some form work to do! just came in to view the videos on the laptop and thought it was worth posting that videoing yourself is an awesome tool...priceless...althought, my shooting is awesome today
Old 03-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: video yourself!!

I really like to video myself to see what I am doing good or bad,you can really be your own coach if you have a little knowledge.

I do the same for my kids with their sports.It really helps themhitting a baseball and softball.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am still amazed at what a little video did for me...i should have posted one of the first ones i took and compared it to the ones i did post...found out though that i was shooting diagnol across the yard at the target, not square..so thats why my feet looked funny..but still had a semi twisted body
Old 03-03-2008, 04:14 PM

yeah, I always did that playing baseball, and when I started coaching I started doing it with the kids.

It really helps because if someone TELLS you what you're doing wrong, you may not understand because you can't see yourself.

Like, my Dad always told me I stood too upright hitting a baseball, I never understood because I thought I was bent over quite a bit, but when I saw myself, I could compare to what I saw on tv, and I saw that I was awful upright. I could always hit to begin with, but when I fixed that, woooooo doggy.

I'm sure it's the exact same for a bow.