Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dave Watson's Form

Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dave Watson's Form

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Some anchor to the tip of their nose, others put the string to the side of it. When I first started I put the string to the side. It is easier to see the peep sometimes. If you anchor to the tip of your nose sometimes it feels like you are a bit cross eyed looking through the peep. If you anchor to the side it puts the peep directly in front of your eye. Going to the side also puts the peep closer to your eye.

I think some people that shoot with glasses do it that way.

Honestly it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you do it the same way every time.
Agreed. And just because someone has it to the side or they anchor further back does not mean they are overdrawn. You have to look at the bow arm as it may be bent instead of locked out. I learned that there are many ways to shoot and none of them is "the only way" except the one the works for you. As Paul says it is being able to repeat everything on each shot that matters.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watson's draw length is way too long....he anchors behind his ear. I'll bet he's had a few string slappers shooting this way!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

WOW,
Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

I think you find that, generally speaking; most archers shoot too heavy of draw weight, shoot too long of a draw length, and have an anchor point too far back - like under their ear lobe or worse.
Good post!