Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dloop?

Old 02-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Dloop?

How long should your Dloop be after you tie it?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:27 AM

Default RE: Dloop?

It is a hard question to answer because all of us are different. The things you need to consider (keep in mind I am no expert) are the size of your jaws on your release. The bigger the jaws the bigger the loop. You want the loop long enough so that the release doesnt contact the nock on the arrow also. Themain propose for d loops is so you dont torque the bow string when drawing so a little longer loop will give more forgiveness but too long and your draw length will be affected. I usually try to makemine as short as my release allows without interference. They are easy to tie so get some loopmaterial and try a few to see what works best.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

but too long and your draw length will be affected.
Not exactly

Too long and it willchange your anchor points.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Parkerbuckhunter

It is a hard question to answer because all of us are different. The things you need to consider (keep in mind I am no expert) are the size of your jaws on your release. The bigger the jaws the bigger the loop. You want the loop long enough so that the release doesnt contact the nock on the arrow also. Themain propose for d loops is so you dont torque the bow string when drawing so a little longer loop will give more forgiveness but too long and your draw length will be affected. I usually try to makemine as short as my release allows without interference. They are easy to tie so get some loopmaterial and try a few to see what works best.
I've got mine as short as possible now maybe 1/2 in.I use a Scott Silverhorn.I am saving up to buy a Carter Evo mini and was wondering if when i do that i need to change the loop length to allow for torque?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to make mine just long enough so that the release fits on it behind the nock.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the correction ausie, at least you knew what I meant.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I tie mine so that I have about 1/8th of an inch between the front of the releasejaws or hookand the back of the nock.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 AM

This kind of indirectly answers your question...at the very least, it's a great thing to keep in mind when tying your D-Loop. I also have an article which is more in depth that I found from another guys D-loop tying, etc. I'll post that soon...

[hr]
A loop was designed to cure arrow pinch on small bows and get the arrow out straight from problem bows (tuning them)if you don't, need it, don't put it on. The first picture shows the wrong way to tie a loop[/i][/b] on your string. Notice the end knots they are tied the same with the knots behind the loop; this causes the loop to turn on your string. One Knot should be behind the loop and the other in front of the loop[/i][/b]. This stops it from turning around your bowstring.

The second picture is correct[/i][/b] with serving above and below the nock to locate your arrow correctly. It should not be too tight against the arrow but close. Brass nock points in your loop takes away from your bows speed. Serve your nock points in. This is the only way to tie it correctly there are other ways to install a loop but they fail to correct the problems the loop was created to correct. One bad way, illustrated below was to tie the loop under a nock point which added the pinch it was designed to get rid of. Your loop should look like the second picture with the ā€˜Dā€™ loop tied on correctly.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:34 AM

Me too. And this is going to vary depending on your release aid. For a hook type release, you can use a real short loop. I cut my loop material ahead of time, at 4 3/8", and burn the ends into a generous ball. Wax heavily and tie it in.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Keep in mind that it will stretch some, and or tighten up. I make mine as short as I can.

Quick Reply: Dloop?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.