Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best fall away rest

Old 02-12-2003, 10:35 PM

Default RE: best fall away rest

If you want simple easy and accurate. Trophy taker is by far the best. I have had no one ever complain about this rest.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have used the GKF Mirage, Muzzy Zero Effect and Montana Black Gold Trapdoor rests. I found the Mirage to be the easiest to set up and initially use. The Zero Effect was probably the most consistant after initial setup and the Trapdoor was the simplest design.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Allright this is great definatly like the new board much faster . The zerro effect is number one in my book espcialy for hunting . The trophy taker works well allso and I see quiet a few people useing them for 3d shoots . The nap' s are nice allso and are proably the quietest of the bunch . I modified mine to work off of the cabel so if you have one of the newer mathews it will work with them , here is a link to the thread on the modified nap 4000 with pics
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/fb.as...anguage=single
Old 02-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Here is another vote for the MZE.

As far as the Trophy Taker, I have seen guys gluing old shafts to their shelf to act as an arrow containment so they can have it knocked at all times.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:29 AM

I' ve used the MZE, trophey taker, the orginal, and the shakey hunter one.
I have noticed if you introduce any arrow knock pinch with the trophey taker orginal the arrow will come off of the lizzard tounge holder. In other words the arrow capture ability leaves something to be desired.

I find with the trophey taker shakey hunter the problem is taken care of. In other words the arrow capture ability is a lot better. I have it on my target/3d bow. I haven' t decided if I would hunt this rest or not, time will tell.

I find the Muzzy Zero Effect has the best arrow capture ability of the three. I have it on the bow I hunt with.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Muzzy Zero Effect. It is a great rest
Old 02-13-2003, 09:32 AM
CG

I' ve only tried the Trophy Taker and really like it so far.....might even replace my Whisker Bisquit.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:35 AM

Golden Key Mirage gets my vote, but I' m going to try the Trophy Taker with original launcher. I think the GK Power Drop will be my next test rest.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-13-2003, 12:00 PM

Go with the Trap Door and dakota arrow holder. This setup works real well for me.
bmott

Quick Reply: best fall away rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.