Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bodoodle opinions?

Old 02-11-2003, 01:28 PM

Default Bodoodle opinions?

Orginally I was thinking about switching to a whisker biscuit for my hunting set up. After reading about them on past posts, I am wondering about the Bodoodle Zapper rests. Has anyone used this rest for hunting? Does it hold the arrow as secure as the WB? Is it pretty easy to tune?
Thanks
Old 02-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bodoodle opinions?

Check out the GKF Shootout.

I am not familiar with zapper. The shootout can be adjusted for top or side loading and looks to be very, very solid.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:54 PM

i just orderd on for my son in 300 verison. had a timberdoodle on his old bow..this looks even simpler and his arrow won' t fall away. i will write as soon as get it on and shoot week or so.
thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 08:43 AM

Thanks Tobyn, please do keep me in mind when you try it out. I was looking at it and do like the looks of it. I was thinking about going with a WB, but the vane wear and tear makes me wonder.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:49 PM

I recently got my cousin into the archery craze. When we went to the proshop here I immediately got him the zapper. Being new to the sport, I wanted him to have no problems keeping the arrow on the rest which this did just that. As far as tuning, no problem. He was grouping his arrows at 15yds tighter than I ever thought immaginable for a first time shooter after only 15 minutes. He even broke a couple of nocks. As far as holding the arrow I give it an A+. It is great!!!
The only thing I didn' t like was the noise at draw and release. The proshop wrapped them with a special tape but it doesn' t hold well. I will put some fleece or mole skin on it and retune next time we shoot. I put some fleece on my Bullet and it is extreemly quiet. All in all I would say give it a try, it is a nice rest and easy to use. It is a must in my eyes for the beginner especially young shooters!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

my proshop put teflon covers or tips on mine and no problem
Old 02-22-2003, 08:32 PM

I would think if it' s made by bodoodle, then it' s a great rest. They really build quality into their rests.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve been shooting with the Zapper for over a year now and absolutely love it. All I do is backyard practice and hunt. This rest holds the arrow very good. Tuning was real easy with this rest. I did have to put moleskin on the speedfins to eliminate some noise when drawing.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

To all who use the Zapper, how many of you shoot fingers?

thanks

Cargo
Old 02-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot release with string loop. Haven' t ever tried fingers with zapper. Don' t think it would do very good for me.

Quick Reply: Bodoodle opinions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.