Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

my thread brings up another issue...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 AM

Default my thread brings up another issue...

What do you guys think about the laser tuning? Is it equal to paper tuning?? My pro shop says it is.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my thread brings up another issue...

no i would always checkby paper tuning. it dosen't cost you anything and that way you know for sure. heck try a bare shaft while you are at it
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paper tuning, bareshaft tuning, walk back tuning and group tuning. All of these should be done after laser tuning (if laser tuning is just setting up center shot and a level arrow).
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 AM

What they said.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

What do you guys think about the laser tuning? Is it equal to paper tuning?? My pro shop says it is.
EventhoughI like to check everything with a laser on initial setup it is in no way a substitute for tuning your bow. I am not big on paper tuning, but prefer bare shaft and walk back tuning.

Dan
Old 02-13-2008, 09:15 AM

Well I told him that you guys would say that paper tuning is always best, he said he still didn't think it was necessary, but he would paper tune it with me if I like.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's a checks and balancing system. Laser and level will give you perfect center shot and a level arrow. Sometimes that's all that is needed IF the shooter has good form, there are no other bow issues etc.

My Allegiance, that's all I did was level and laser tune it, no paper, etc and it shoots perfect darts and has all broadheads I put through it hitting with fieldpoints.

BUT, I got lucky. Paper will show you inconsistancies in a shooters form such as torque, arrow spine issues for just some examples.

Again, all the tuning methods will fix most issues. Some are not always needed.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe that laser tuningcan bevery good. It normally sets everything up so that the string will produce max force behind the arrow. The trick then would be to tune the arrow to the bow and not the bow to the arrow. That's how I'd do it anyway.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

The trick then would be to tune the arrow to the bow and not the bow to the arrow.
That is what I do if I am making a new arrow. With my current bow I already had a certain type of arrow made so, when paper tuning, I turned down the draw weight until I got bullet holes. Then, when bareshaft tuning, I tweaked the draw weight a little more.

If it was a traditional bow I would have had to cut the arrows .
Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Paper tuning, bareshaft tuning, walk back tuning and group tuning. All of these should be done after laser tuning (if laser tuning is just setting up center shot and a level arrow).
very good advice, 100% agree

Quick Reply: my thread brings up another issue...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.