Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Verifying Lens Peeps.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Default RE: Verifying Lens Peeps.

I have been very old school up until this year, so I am not familiar with the new peeps. Are you guys saying that it is possible to get a magnifying peep? If so, that would be awesome. Give me a list of the top quality brands and links to places that sell them online.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Thank you, I believe that is where I'll start. I'm hoping I can find a spot or place to try a few as they are not cheap at $20some a pop for just the verifier.
That's what you get for living way up there in the middle of nowhere. Not to highjack, but do you ever get up to the Bowfestival in Forksville? I work a booth there almost every year. Right inside the big tan metal building, middle aisle.
Yes, I usually go every year. I have also worked booths at Forksville for River Valley Game Calls and Enigma Camo.

If I make this year, what booth?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Thank you, I believe that is where I'll start. I'm hoping I can find a spot or place to try a few as they are not cheap at $20some a pop for just the verifier.
That's what you get for living way up there in the middle of nowhere. Not to highjack, but do you ever get up to the Bowfestival in Forksville? I work a booth there almost every year. Right inside the big tan metal building, middle aisle.
Yes, I usually go every year. I have also worked booths at Forksville for River Valley Game Calls and Enigma Camo.

If I make this year, what booth?
PM sent.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Got it and thanks guys,

I went ahead and ordered a #5, purple, it's the least power and I'll give it a go. I changed my peep on my 82nd from a G5 to my Super Peep, and put the G5 on my Ally which previously held my Super Peep.

When it gets here, I'll give a report. I'll use it for an indoor 3D this weekend.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Facinating! I need one of those. I can't read squat w/o my reading glasses (+1.75) and my pins are fuzzy and the target clear. I was thinking of wxtending the sight forward but this sounds like a much better idea.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll let you know Andy, I would suspect I'll have it today or tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob,
I JUST found mine..........in an old bow case. I was pulling my hair out trying to find it.

I have the hooded Speacialty peep with the 1/4" aperture , reducer and verifiers.

The lens I have is a "pink" which I thought was the lowest power they had?

Anyway, I tried it for a couple days and found I would rather see the detail on the target vs on the pins. I just couldn't see the target detail as well as I would like with it but may try it again shortly. I was always paranoid of some funky lighting condition completely blurring out the target on me as well.

Also the entire peep set up with Verifier installed weighs 26 grains, my Tru-Peep only weighs 9 grains. That's pretty darn heavy for a peep sight.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Rob,
I JUST found mine..........in an old bow case. I was pulling my hair out trying to find it.

I have the hooded Speacialty peep with the 1/4" aperture , reducer and verifiers.

The lens I have is a "pink" which I thought was the lowest power they had?

Anyway, I tried it for a couple days and found I would rather see the detail on the target vs on the pins. I just couldn't see the target detail as well as I would like with it but may try it again shortly. I was always paranoid of some funky lighting condition completely blurring out the target on me as well.

Yo Matt,

Pink used to be the lowest diopter. They added one since you bought yours.Now it's purple. Can't figure you out. You're too young to worry about these things. They're for us old guys.

You worried about 15 grains difference? Lighten up the arrow to compensate ya speed freak.

Also the entire peep set up with Verifier installed weighs 26 grains, my Tru-Peep only weighs 9 grains. That's pretty darn heavy for a peep sight.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Barry,
Always looking for an edge...........ALWAYS.

And hey I am an old guy, I turn 36 on Monday. Before you know it my shooting will go downhill and I'll have to retire to a life of scuba diving in some nice warm carribean waters.

(That actually doesn't sound too bad.)
Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

It should be here tomorrow. Purple/#5 is the lowest power.

Matt, from what I've been hearing from others is that the target is not effected with the verifier, your the first to say otherwise. Anyway, I ordered and will give it a go. I was outback shooting today, 40 yards, my .010 pin really elongated.

And I think my 82nd can handle the extra grains, so it'll shoot 329 instead of 330 fps. LOL [8D]

Quick Reply: Verifying Lens Peeps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.