Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

did i set my nock point okay?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:32 PM

Default RE: did i set my nock point okay?

In your picture look at where the bow square is in relationship to your brass nock. See where the line on the square is level with the top of the nock? That line is even with the bottom of the blade that runs down square. Does this line and the bottom edge of the square represent the bottom of your arrow, the middle of your arrow or the top of your arrow?

If it represents the middle of your arrow then when you nock an arrow even if that nock were at 90 degrees the arrow would end up being nock high because of the thickness of the nock. Now if that line and the edge of your square represents the bottom of your arrow then you will probably be ok.

I agree with Tfox, if you moved that nock to the top or removed it all together it would give you a better nock position if you were looking for it being square.

Again we don't know this for sure either since we don't have a clue where your arrow is when the rest is in its full up position.

Paul
Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM

ok ill post some piks when i have an arrow in full draw..i just took off the nock now ..and about where the arrow was gonna be it was goin to be above the nock makin it above 90degrees...ill post piks soon
Old 02-08-2008, 06:04 PM

heres one with the arrow rest in full draw with an arrow

Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: the kidd

heres one with the arrow rest in full draw with an arrow

Looks like you need to put the Brass Nock above the arrow, and leave the loop right where it is to me.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:57 AM

It is really hard to tell from those pictures, or any picture to be honest. However, looking that photo I think you are a tadd nock low now. I would lower my rest slightly, like until the arrow shaft covers the holes in the riser or the bottom of the arrow is flush with the bottom of the hole.

Then go shoot it and see how it tunes. If you have the choice nock high is ALWAYS better than nock low.

Also if you get the loop ends to tight against your nock it will cause nock pinch and your arrow may pull to one side when you draw. If this happens to you spread your loop out a little bit.

Paul