Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Too fast for broadhead?

Old 02-06-2003, 11:24 PM

Default Too fast for broadhead?

Is 275-290 fps too fast for a two blade broadhead?

Thanks

Ray
Old 02-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Too fast for broadhead?

Not the right one with a well tuned bow and proper fletching. Give the Mangnus stingers a try along with the g5 B-52's and a steelforce two blade.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 02-07-2003, 05:35 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Not the right one with a well tuned bow and proper fletching. Give the Mangnus stingers a try along with the g5 B-52's and a steelforce two blade.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Thanks again, 5Shot. I posted this question on seveal sights and you did answer it on one of them. I did pick up the B52 and like the way it looks and feels. I've just never used a 2 blade and probably should have looked into it before buying. Oh, well!

Thanks again,

Ray
Old 02-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My BKII shoots 290 fps with 350 grain arrows at 60 lbs and 28&quot; it will stack 2 or 3 or 4 blade broadheads . I think it depends on the bow if you have a bow that has a marginal ture and go with lighter faster arrows your groups may get worse or maybe they'll get better if you are changing the spine for the better . Archery is trial and error sometimes what you think will not work does , and sometimes what you think you know will work does not .

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 02-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

It mostly depends on if the arrows are decent quality to begin with. Then, whether or not you have the skill and patience it takes to tune a bow good enough to control that much speed. And then, you've got to have your shooting form pretty darn squared away and be able to execute a tournament grade shot out of a treestand under all weather conditions with no warm-up shots. Other than that, no problem.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:22 AM

with a great tuned bow no problem! if you can tune really well you can just about get any head to fly good. I would suggest a simple of things that might make your life easier at those speeds.

1. use feathers
2. use helical
3. use the best carbons you can buy (straightness goes a long way!)
4. make sure your inserts are straight & the heads do not wobble.