Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tubed Peeps

Old 02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tubed Peeps

Can we have a thread on Fitting Tubed peeps please

It might seem easy to some of the guys on here , but for first timers it would be great helping hand.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Tubed Peeps

Hmmm... It's the same as fitting a regular peep. (Which I just described here: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2615303) The tubing gets cut to a length so that there is very little tension on it; cut it to the same length as the distance from the peep to the cable at full draw and then tie a hitch in the tubing to the cable and you should have enough tension to get it to rotate the peep, the less tension on it the better.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

AWwww!! Remember the days of the stick on pads on the top limb

Dan
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, I remember those pads alright. I liked them almost as much as I like rubber tubes.[:'(]

If you MUST use a rubber tube, youshould twist the string so the peep will be aligned properly without the tube. That way you can have the minimal tension that KodiakArcher's talking about. That tube is only for insurance, not to make up for an inept peep installation - which is unfortunately what most peoplewant to use them for.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks , i will have a go and see what happens
Old 02-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Kodiak , I cannot Acces the Link you sent . Is there another way ?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:32 PM

Oh, I remember those pads alright. I liked them almost as much as I like rubber tubes.[:'(]

If you MUST use a rubber tube, youshould twist the string so the peep will be aligned properly without the tube. That way you can have the minimal tension that KodiakArcher's talking about. That tube is only for insurance, not to make up for an inept peep installation - which is unfortunately what most peoplewant to use them for.
Wise words here. it would be much better just to put some quality strings on your bow or buy one from a manufacturer who thinks enough of its customer to include good strings with its bow.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

delete the ) on the end of the adress

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk

Hi Kodiak , I cannot Acces the Link you sent . Is there another way ?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I rather like tubed peeps, because as string stretch, even a little bit, I still have a clear site picture. I won't say I shoot a lot, because I've probably only put a few hundred shots on my bows since the first of the year, but once weather gets nice, I will tend to put in a couple hundred shots a day, and I've only had a few types of strings, Winner's Choice, Fuse, Dyna-flight, and Zebra, but they've ALL stretched and twisted a little.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Badger

Thanks Kodiak

Thanks all for your response

Quick Reply: Tubed Peeps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.