Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new here have question(s)

Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Default new here have question(s)

New here, got a few qustions.

I am getting a new string tomorrow. The bottom of my site frame is a little close to my arrow, and I'd like to move it up, but I don't have enough room below to pins to move them down without taking one off (and I only have 3 the way it is). How do I remedy this? Would I move the peep higher on the string or lower on the string? Which way would I move this to move the site group up?

I am also getting a new string tomorrow, should I install the loop and peep on it as soon as I have the string put on, or put like 25-30 shots through it to help break it in to avoid peep rotation as it settles? It is a winners choice string coming in.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Default RE: new here have question(s)

You really ought to go to a pro shop and havewhole thing set up right. You will need a bow press to install new strings and cables anyway, so a trip to the shop is in your future unless you already have one of these.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:58 PM

yes, I have my own bow press. I got all the tools needed, I'm positive. I'm just not sure how to handle installing a new string.

I'm mostly concerned with which way to move the peep to force my pin group to come up with. I don't wanna move it much, just enough to get my site frame a little farther from the arrow.

thanks!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:17 PM

The peep height should be set by your anchor point and the distance to your eye. You shouldn't be shifting the peep to change your point of impact.
1.) Set the nock point/string loop in the proper location on the string.
2.) Draw the bow with your eyes closed, settle in to your anchor point (with good posture and form) and open your eyes; move the peep until you do this and you're looking through the peep without moving your head out of proper posture. (Measure the distance between the nock point and the peep, this should never change for this bow.)
3.) Tune the bow properly.
4.) Adjust the sights.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I put a peep in I get it close by measuringthen I pull the bow back with my eyes closed and anchor where I normally do. When I open my eyes my peep should be in the right spot. If not I move it slightly to where it needs to be. As many years as I have shot I have a measurement I go by so I am usually really close

It can vary slightly due to A to A and resultingstring angle changes.

Dan
Old 02-05-2008, 04:19 PM

I am fully aware of how to properly set up a peep, all I want to know is which way to move it to move my sight group up.

Guess I'll just have to find out the hard way.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

You would have to move the peep site up and then you would have to raise your site to reestablish your site mark.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM

thank you very much, that is exactly what I was wondering.

thanks again.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archerykid05

I am fully aware of how to properly set up a peep, all I want to know is which way to move it to move my sight group up.

Guess I'll just have to find out the hard way.
WHAT??? What do you mean, "....all I want to know is which way to move it to move my sight group up." ????? If the site group isn't setting up right with where your peep is, you may have other issues to deal with. Just my thoughts, but I've never set a bow up yet that I couldn't get the sights where I needed them.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you guys are reading too much into the question. The man has a high anchor point, which moves the sight down. All he wants to do is be able to gang adjust the sight a little higher. Moving the peep up the string 1/4" or so is not going to change the way the bow shoots. True, he may have to make some slight form adjustments, but not severe that he'd have to make mega-changes to the bow.

And being as he has his own equipment to work on the bow I would encourage him to make such changes as he deems necessary. That's how most of us old guys learned how to work on bows in the first place. In many cases experience is still the best teacher.

Hey archerykid, just move the peep a little---UP in relation to your nocking point. Then you will probably have to adjust the whole sight up as well. Just what archer 2 said.

Quick Reply: new here have question(s)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.