Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hostage speed and friction?

Old 02-03-2008, 09:27 AM

Default Hostage speed and friction?

Has anyone ever Chrono-ed the speed of their arrow with a drop away and then with a Hostage rest (or Biscuit)? I am curious to know if there is speed reduction with the Hostage rest. I like the new Hostage Pro coming out and was contemplating getting it. Are there any links that address this as well?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hostage speed and friction?

I have not tested them but I would say any change in speed would be very minimal

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have not tested the hostage, but between the WB and a dropaway, the WB was consistantly 2-3 fps slower. 2-3 fps is nothing you will ever notice in a hunting situation, so my thoughts are go with what you feel most comfortable and confident with.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 AM

I went from the drop away to a WB about a year ago - only fired one shot out of each over the chrono - and the WB lost 4 fps. But then I gained back most of by switching from the 4" veins to the 2" Blazers.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:46 AM

That's the info (numbers) I was looking for. Thanks...3-4 fps isn't much.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

That's the info (numbers) I was looking for. Thanks...3-4 fps isn't much.
True! and i'm guessing the Hostage would not slow down an arrow even as much as a WB

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did just the other night.....My FPS gain from WB to DropZone was 1.3 FPS....Not enough to justify a 100.00 dropzone,but thats not why I switched.....
Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 PM

I liked the hostage when i first got it, but switched to the dropaway because of having clearance issues and not being able to have the versatility of switching to stronger helicals.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: mystryak

I liked the hostage when i first got it, but switched to the dropaway because of having clearance issues and not being able to have the versatility of switching to stronger helicals.
Cansomeone define and describe what "helicals" is? I know it has to do with the arrows spin.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Helical fletchings are fletchings that curve around the shaft (much like rifling in a gun barrel). This causes spin on the arrow. Some fletchings are straight in line with the shaft. With a helical vane, you can have problems with rests like Whisker Bisquets and Hostages where you can have contact with the fletchings.

Quick Reply: Hostage speed and friction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.