Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Taker/Hoyt problems?

Old 02-06-2003, 10:29 AM

Default Trophy Taker/Hoyt problems?

I've seen recently on another forum of trouble mounting the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest on a Hoyt Tec riser because the Shakey Hunter arrow holder/cradle is so wide. Everything that I've read says that the original Trophy Taker rest is fine on the Hoyt Tec riser but that because to the Shakey Hunter cradle is so wide it makes contact with the inside of the riser and can't be tuned properly. Has anyone hear had or heard of this problem with this rest and bow combination. Possible solutions to this problem? Thanks.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:42 AM

Default RE: Trophy Taker/Hoyt problems?

I would say try and put one on and see. If it is tight to the riser try to file some off the side of the launcher, assuming it is minimal. I have the origional TT on my Hoyt and to be honest it cradles the arrow plenty for my hunting needs. That is only my opinion, as everyones needs and wants are diffferent.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you'll have a problem , if you do you will probably just have to grind a small amount off of the right side of the launcher .

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 02-06-2003, 11:55 AM
pup

i havent had a problem with it on my razortec.

peta SUCKS
Old 02-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The original Trophy Taker will not have any problems. The Shakey hunter because of it wide launcher can sometimes have a slight problem touching the inside edge of the riser, which causes the launcher arm not to fall totally flat for clearance. The fix.. grind off alittle on the inside arm or mount the TT back alittle further so the launcher dosen't make contact with the shelf. It is a really good rest.

Good Luck!

PRACTICE....PRACTICE....PRACTICE......SUCCESS!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:10 PM

No problems with the Shakey and my cybertec.

Rod
Old 02-07-2003, 06:16 PM

Hey HotLZ, Is your cybertec a 02 or 03. I have a 02 cybertec and I was wonder about the shakey hitting the riser too. Does anyone else shoot a cybertec with the shakey hunter? Thanks

Bill Davis
Old 02-09-2003, 08:20 AM

ttt
Old 02-09-2003, 07:18 PM

Billy,

It's an 03. I replied to your email, but it bounced back to me as undeliverable.

Rod
Old 02-10-2003, 03:58 PM

Has anyone tried the shakey on a 02 hoyt?

Quick Reply: Trophy Taker/Hoyt problems?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.