Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Archery work shop

Old 02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Archery work shop

Ok, I got my drywall up and painted in my soon to be archery/hunting work shop in my basement. So now I’m looking for ideas on how to make it. I have some ideas on what I want, but I figure it never hurts to get some input. So fire away, Also if you have pictures please post them.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Archery work shop

Works for me.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Matt- what type of top is that on your bench?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's just a single 8' sheet of Oak plywood with some nice grain.........ripped in 1/2, sanded, stained and 3 coats of poly. Looks like furniture and a very tough finish. All for a total of about $50.

The bench is 8 X10 on purpose for that reason. One 1/2 of the sheet is butted to the wall and the other comes in to butt against it from the right where the left edge of the green pad is making the right side of the bench 2' longer to eventually accomodate a bow press.
I was very careful in leveling it so the 2 sections mate together very seamlessly.
I designed the dimensions around building it with a single sheet for the top. It's also aperfect height and depthfor my 6'3" build. A very comfortable bench to work at sitting or standing.
A corner design like this is verynice if you have the room.

The whole thing is nothing more than one seriously overengineered unit made from 2X4, 2X6, and 1 sheet of oak plywood with some 1/4 round trim for the backing of the top and the edges. It's anchored into the block and as sturdy as standing on your garage floor. There is no wiggle, or movement of any kind.
Still trying to pull the trigger on a good shop press to replace the TV and get that up in the corner on a shelf.

I ran cable, 5 outlets, two4' flo. shop lights and a ceiling fan to round it all out.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Host of Hosts

Matt, Looks good! I see alot of familiar looking mounts(Pa deer) I've got a bunch like that too. They are getting bigger in Pa now though.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can also my pre-fab counter at the big name DIY stores or local builder supplies. Great looking shop, Matt!