Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

help

Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Spike

Default help

i'm going to pick my bow up from the pro shop today, he isputting a wb on it and seting it up for me, but how can he set it up for me without me shooting it? he only had me shot it 3 times.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: help

Depends, did he have you draw back and hold so he could mark the string for the peep? If not, he probably means he's installing the rest, sight and anything else you purchased before you get there so all he has to do is tie in the peep when you arrive.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Spike

he had me draw it and look thru the peeps and then he pushed the peep up and then it was good. but thats all
Old 01-28-2008, 04:21 PM

He should be able to set the draw and peep for you and mount everything else with the rest and nock point at center shot and send you out the door. He should tell you to bring it back in after you've got 100 or so shots through it so that he can check the peep rotation, poundage and cam timing after the string and cables settle in. Fine tuning is going to be up to you after that though. Nobody else can fine tune your bow for you because they aren't going to shoot exactly the way you do. The best they can do is set it to center shot and hope that you're perfect.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I had a new spring put on the "pro" put it in the standard "pinkie to fore finger method",he said 90% people this is where they need it! Guess what...I'm in the 10%! I had to move my peep up! If he waits for you to pull before he measures it that shows he's thinking more than others!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Spike

went and picked my bow up, the wb was 40.00 the labor 8.00 the 7 field tips 1.75 tax and all $51.46. and it shoots pretty good feel's good.
so now how would i fine tune it? im new to bows
Old 01-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are several tuning/sighting threads in the technical section, all with good info.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Spike

so what do i tune now my sights?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, assuming the shop set it up properly setting your pins would be next. Remember to "chase the arrow" when adjusting the pins. (Ex: if you're shooting high, move pins up)
Old 01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PITBULL2888

so what do i tune now my sights?
Check out TFOX's thread at the top, "Don't stop at Walk-back" Though I really like walk-back to get things where I need them, it's full of good info to get you where you need to be. When setting up sights, chase the arrow, if the arrow hits high, move the site UP, if it hits left, move the site to the LEFT. It's not that difficult in all honesty. Even I figured it out, and I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.