Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton SuperSlim's

Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 PM

Default Easton SuperSlim's

What happened? I don't see the SuperSlim arrows from Easton on their 2008 brochure.[:@]

IMO, these are the best arrows for penetration, that aren't $150 / dozen.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Easton SuperSlim's

These were certainly good arrows. Dropped for 2008. The Axis FMJ replaces them. Better mousetrap.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Better mousetrap.
Uh, I beg to differ. I wouldn't trade my A/C Superslims for anything. Gonna add some more when I find them. From what I have been hearing the Superslims weren't big sellers, thats a shame IMO.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

How sad. I thought the SuperSlims were the best shaft I have ever shot.

A guy could get the best of all worlds out of them, straight, decent weight, consistent spine, small diameter and very durable...

It is a shame; a real shame....[]
Old 01-29-2008, 07:40 AM

I really liked the Super Slims as well. But the Axis FMJ are also very small diameter, and have the aluminum on the outside - making fora shaft that pulls out of layered targets easier. Weight is about the same.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 AM

Are you kidding me?! They switched from the A/C Kinetic to the Superslim and now to the FMJ!? Now I'll have another few shafts leftover from one dozen that won't match anything. Dammit that ticks me off! Good thing I've got a couple dozen Superslims so that other manufacturers can catch up in technology because I'll move away from Easton before I go to the FMJ just because of their inconsistnacy in what they're going to produce. If I wanted aluminum on the outside of my shafts I'd just shoot aluminum shafts! They're too damn noisy drawing across a rest.[:@]
Old 01-29-2008, 04:58 PM

I wonder what the reason behind discontinuing these arrows was?Been shooting them for the last couple years, and actually told my hunting buddy this year I can't see going to any other arrow after I shot my first P&Y.

I guess I spoke too soon. I wonder what the aramid kv's are like from Carbon Express.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

been shooting the aramids for a few weeks now so far2 does down about 2 weeks ago
they preety much shoot like my maximas very straight and right on with consistancy.
havent had a chance to test how tough they are yet ,except on the wallet
use to shoot the slims ,swithched to fmj then switched to acccurently
Old 01-29-2008, 08:24 PM

I felt that way when Goodyear discontinued the Polyglas GT tire. Also when Alliant dropped Reloader 12 - my favorite powder. Lately, Swift "redesigned" their Scirocco bullet - so it doesn't copper barrels as bad - but also doesn't expand as well. I bought a lifetime supply of the original 130 grain .270's before they all dried up.

I still don't see what the Super Slim had that the Axis FMJ lacks - and I can't for the life of me hear any noise when drawing the Axis FMJ arrow, although maybe I would if the moleskin was removed from the QAD Ultra rest.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jpov22

I wonder what the reason behind discontinuing these arrows was?Been shooting them for the last couple years, and actually told my hunting buddy this year I can't see going to any other arrow after I shot my first P&Y.

I guess I spoke too soon. I wonder what the aramid kv's are like from Carbon Express.
I Love my ACC's and FMJ's but I do have some of the CX Aramids on order. They should be one tough, great flying arrow.Cougar, the AC Super Slim was/is an awesome arrow. I imagine lack of demand is why they dropped them.

Dan

Quick Reply: Easton SuperSlim's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.