Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new arrows, STS

Old 01-27-2008, 04:17 PM

Default new arrows, STS

Went to buy some new arrows yesterday, the log of an arrow Redhead Carbon Fury's weren't going to cut it anymore (bought them b/c I used to work there)

Broke out the checkbook and bought a dozen Carbon Express Maxima 350's. These are without a doubt the best arrows I ever shot (they should be for the money too!). I went down below the shop and paper tuned it in the bow range, then started shooting @ 25 yards, first group was about the size of a golf ball (four shot group) and I couldn't believe it. Next group I shoot one arrow, pretty good shot, close to a bullseye (wasn't fully sighted yet), next shot POW! Guy next to me look (some target shooter) looked and said "man, that didn't sound good" and I just laughed and said "I love that sound" and went ahead and shot another arrow. Then we walked down to my arrows and they were all three touching, one nock busted off (thank God for those metal collars on the arrows) and another fletching was tore into two peices, he said "didn't you just get those?" and I was like "yeah" and he just goes "damnnnn"

I also mounted a front mount STS on the bow and cut off all the string leeches. The arrows are flat out flying @ 70 lb's and a 30 inch draw length. 28" arrows, 75 grain tips, blazer vanes. The bow is so quiet with the STS too, I can't believe it.

Point is, if anyone is looking for a new arrow to try, and you're willing to spend some moola, try out these maxima's, they are bad***.

The sts is nice too. Worth the $40 IMO