Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone seen the Muzzy ZE for Roller Guard Bows?

Old 02-04-2003, 11:29 PM

Default Anyone seen the Muzzy ZE for Roller Guard Bows?

I've been patiently waiting and making do with this Whisker Biscuit rest ($14 Wally World Clearance) on my Legacy until I hear how the new ZE for the roller guard bows are working out and I still haven't heard of a single person using one, even as a test model. Anyone seen these things in action? I called the dealer I got my bow from today and the lady that answered the phone said that had some on order and that Muzzy was just shipping the normal ZE and including a conversion kit with it for the roller guard bows? Anyone else hear the same thing? Before I got this bow a little over a month ago, I had been out of archery for about 12 years, so I've working on my form while I've been waiting for this rest to come out so I can do some serious tuning of my bow. I'm planning on starting an indoor league starting on 2/25 and would prefer to have the thing tuned and shooting for at least a week or two before then, so that doesn't leave me much time.

Anyway, thanks for any info anyone can provide.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-05-2003, 03:43 PM

Default RE: Anyone seen the Muzzy ZE for Roller Guard Bows?

I was at a hunting camp in Colorado this past September hunting elk, and Jesse Moorehead and his wife from the Muzzy Pro Staff were there. I know that one or both of them had a Mathews Legacy with the prototype Zero Effect on it, but I didn't get to look at it all that much.

Old 02-05-2003, 04:46 PM

Just get at Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, I have it on my legacy and it works great. Very simple and out of the way. The muzzy's look way too big to me.

Hunt the thickets
Old 02-06-2003, 11:23 AM

Ive also doun a lot of research on the muzzy, It sounds good but theres a lot of extra parts that or not needed, and talked to a few guys that said that its not very duriable. Good luck.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:30 AM

It is very durable. It looks a bit over the top, and it weighs a lot. It was the first with direct mechanical control, and super arrow support. I guess there are some others now. About a year ago this was the center of the MZE promotional universe. Not so much lately

Old 02-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The MZE is a very good rest. In fact, for a hunting rest....it is hard to beat. I'd wait for it.