Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rage Broadheads

Old 01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rage Broadheads

Thinking about switching from the Spitfire XP's and trying the rage heads. My sptifires fly like field points. Can I expect the same from the rage heads? Like Field Points? I appreciate the help.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadheads

If you bow is tuned to near perfection, you should be able to get the RAGE to fly pretty close to your FP's. I've personally not tried them, but most of the MBH's I've tried fly pretty consistent with FP's when your bow is tuned well. Certainly there is a little more "vaning" at the fore-end of the arrow, therefore, you may have some variation in moderate winds, but for the most part, out to 50 or so yards, I've found that Spitfires, Jak-Hammers, and NAP ShockWaves all flew pretty close to what my FP's did. Then turn that around, and I've also had my FBH fly pretty well.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

mine are great!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:58 PM

2 blade I think fly's better
Old 01-21-2008, 08:05 PM

I think you could expect the Rage to fly just like the NAP Spitfires - which fly just like field points. However, if your bow doesn't shoot fixed broadheads very close to field points you might invest some time in tuning. A poorly tuned bow gives up some velocity and stability, even if it shoots fairly well with field points.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:18 AM

I used the rage 3 blade this year deer hunting. The blood trail was impossible to follow because the blood was sprayed 3 feet in both directions. Luckily the deer only went 20 yards and crashed on a pile of branches. I put the practice tip that comes with them in my quiver with my other field tip arrows and grab randomly. I cant tell which on is the rage head when shooting groups. I am really impressed with them although i haven't used any other mechanical heads to compare. I dont think you'll have any regrets purchasing them. I dont.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Which Rage are you considering going to? I sure wouldn't switch from a 3 blade Spitfire XP to a 2 blade Rage[8D]You are just falling victim to the advertising hype

I prefer 4 blade holes

Dan
Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the 2 blade for 2 years now and have never had a problem! They fly the same as my feild points!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the 3-blade head at 20 and 30 yards, right in the middle of the bullseye!! Exactly like my field points fly!! I switched over this past fall as well after seeing that!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Which is better 2 or 3 blade?

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.