Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrows/ tip weight??

Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default arrows/ tip weight??

How do you know how heavy you can go with your tip on your arrow? Im shooting a 500 spline lightspeed and a 65gr tip. Is there a chart or something that tells ya how heavy you can go with your splined arrow? I was wandering if 75gr. is to heavy?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Default RE: arrows/ tip weight??

There is a chart on Easton's website. The variables include: draw weight, arrow length, cam type, and tip weight. A heavier tip makes an arrow less stiff, as does a longer shaft.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks Roskoe
Old 01-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at one of the teeth on this gear. That is a spline.

What you want to know about is arrow SPINE.

Calling spine "spline" is one of my pet peeves.

Believe it or not (and I can't believe it ) but Easton doesn't have an arrow selection chart on their website any longer. At least, I can't find it if it's there.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:59 PM

We I go to a new size of arrows I take about four are five arrows and shoot groups. I use 125, 100 and 85 grain points and see with holds the best groups. I shoot the heaver point through paper and tune the bow then go out side to group tune my arrows. The last two sizes of arrows I have shot Goldtips 5575 with 4 inch vane and the axes 400 with 2 inch blazers have group best with 85 grain points and broadheads. I group them at 20 and 40 yards and starting with 125 grains going down in size to 85 grain. I can see the groups get smaller are bigger but, with the 85 grain tips that the way it comes out for me maybe not for you. I have always let my group tell what weight tips to use not just what some one said should work. The axes arrow have been working great for me. I'm shooting 2 inch group at 30 yards, one arrow dead center in the x at 20 and blowing through fast on every deer I shoot.
When I got my new Black Ice last fall and set at 65 lbs. I tried 100 hundred grain tips and my groups opened up to about a 3 1/2 to 4 inch group at 30 yard and the 85,s went back down to a 2 inch are less groups.

Good Luck
Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Look at one of the teeth on this gear. That is a spline.

What you want to know about is arrow SPINE.

Calling spine "spline" is one of my pet peeves.

Believe it or not (and I can't believe it ) but Easton doesn't have an arrow selection chart on their website any longer. At least, I can't find it if it's there.
Finally.....heh Best post ever
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 PM

Wow! They must have changed that after January 1st. I can't find it anywhere either
Old 01-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

try this Roscoe. I dont like it as much as the one they had on easton's page, but it works. http://www.huntersfriend.com/arrowhelp/gold-tip-arrow-spine-chart.htm
Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 PM

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder if they are updating it?

Quick Reply: arrows/ tip weight??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.