Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shrink fletch

Old 01-21-2008, 12:46 PM

Default shrink fletch

can anyone give me any pros or cons on shrink fletch i am thinking about trying it but thought i would get some of your thoughts first. thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 01:14 PM

Default RE: shrink fletch

I've not used them, so this is strictly my opinion.....

First off, I really love the idea. I mean, how much easier can it be to fletch an arrow? Slide the thing over the arrow, dip in in hot water, and VOILA! But that's where the plus's end, IMO.

They're heavy first off. Secondly, what happens when you tear a fletch and just need to replace one vane? Well, you don't. It's an all or nothing proposition, and those things AIN'T CHEAP.

As simple as fletching arrows is, and for the convenience of replacing just one vane......It's just a product I would never use.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM

X2. The only folks I know who are drawn to this system are trying avoid buying a fletcher and learning how to use it. They aren't expensive and are pretty easy to use. Also allow you to use an infinite variety of fletchings as well as control the degree of offset.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think shrink fletch is a great idea!

I would use them in a pinch, say when you're hunting in the high country, in deer campor evenclose to home butyour pro shop is closed,and you need to flecth an arrow or two for whatever reason. (I've had some arrows done where the fletch flew off!) The fact that you can slip it on then dip it in hotwater and get a usable arrow is a fantastic idea!!

mobow, is right, they are pricey,so I wouldn't use them in place of regular fletching for day to day shooting.
However, I would throw them in with my hunting gear, just to make sure I'm covered. Anything can happen in the deer woods!

BTW NAP came out with a shrink fltech that has the Quick Spin Speed Hunters!! Those little suckers shoot!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:11 AM

Ya know monie, I've never thought of having a couple sets of those just as a back up for repairs in hunting camp......They would work pretty good for that, just make sure to shoot the bow after you install them.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great idea, Monie. I don't think I would use them on a regular basis, though.