Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OK Tech heads, on Chronographing.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: OK Tech heads, on Chronographing.

ORIGINAL: TFOX

He is shooting through the chrony at a different angle and/or higher/lower in the chrony.

I can get 4 fps difference when shooting through on a different level.Try shooting through high and then shooting through low to see what you get.

What mobo was reffering to.
Good thinking guys, we thought of this too but to no avail, no difference shooting higher or shooting lower in the chrono.

No offense taken. However you cannot measure the amount of force each of you was pulling. It would seem to me that you would be able to get much more force from drawing short than you would trying to overdraw!!!! Even with each of you drawing as hard as you can off the wall. Just a thought.
Understood but I promise you and Brian can concur, me pulling as hard as I could against the wall would be harder than he just shooting normally. Trust me.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about you getting higher and shooting through at a downward angle.

If that doesn't do it then he is just pulling into it harder than you.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Same release? Cleaner release would do it........Bow torque? I know you use a level and all...but I'm just sayin.....

They're SOMETHING he's doing differntly that you aren't. I know you know what yer talkin about, and I wasn't there, but I would still say it's the angle at which the arrow went through the graph. All other things being equal.....

Was he standing in EXACTLY the same spot? Was he further/closer to the graph?
Old 01-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobow

Same release? Cleaner release would do it........Bow torque? I know you use a level and all...but I'm just sayin.....

They're SOMETHING he's doing differntly that you aren't. I know you know what yer talkin about, and I wasn't there, but I would still say it's the angle at which the arrow went through the graph. All other things being equal.....

Was he standing in EXACTLY the same spot? Was he further/closer to the graph?
Both sitting on a stool in the exact same spot. I shot high in the graph and low in the graph to try to get an answer. I could not get the speeds he got.

If that doesn't do it then he is just pulling into it harder than you.
Now way, the wall is the wall and me pulling as hard as I can is harder than he was pulling, again, trust me!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:35 PM

Well that's odd, that's for sure.....Do you have any ideas? I'm intrigued, that's for sure.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nope, no ideas, I was hoping for some and it's all good but so far other than AP, nothing we didn't try. I may go down and try to shoot with a more bent elbow like AP offered up.

I'm perplexed? Everything being the same other than perhaps the elbow push, might have merit AP. I'll try it and let ya's know.

Oh, and I missed a question, mobow, same release.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:52 PM

In the same line of thought as shooting high and low through it...

Did you scrunch down to shoot low and stand tall to shoot high, trying to keep the arrow travel into the target level?

Or did you aim low and aim high through the chronograph in order to acheive an angled shot?

I noticed a speed difference on our chrono at work if you didn't shoot almost exactly center through it, you could loose 3+ fps shooting at an angle - down.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Understood but I promise you and Brian can concur, me pulling as hard as I could against the wall would be harder than he just shooting normally. Trust me.
Rob, I must admit you are the man. [8D]

Old 01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's simple. Every cam is most efficient at a specific draw length. He is pulling that length, you are not..........[8D]. Assuming the arrow, release, bow, and chrono was all the same, that's the only thing that is variable. It's not voodoo.........
Old 01-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is odd cause I shot my General and my shop owner shot it and we were the same from 317 to 319 fps. He is quite bigger than me!

Quick Reply: OK Tech heads, on Chronographing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.