Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Field points for ACC's.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Field points for ACC's.

Field point options with ACC's.

I'm disliking my field points on my ACC's. They are too sharp/pointed and it causes major penetration issues (too much) out of my Ally. I shoot too far into my Morrell bag, past the vanes on the front side and I have to dig and sometimes ruin them to get them out. No other bow/arrow combo that has shot my bag does this. I know the Ally has major KE but that's not the issue, it's the points, I proved this to myself with one other field point I have but I can't find them anywhere.

You guys rock so, suggestions. ?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Field points for ACC's.

If I was you, I would start using bullet points. bowhunterssuperstore has em in all kinds of sizes.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM

Have you tried the Slick Tip points (Satellite Archery)? They feature an oversize field point and a delrin collar for easy removal. I would think the fatter point would reduce penetration.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:41 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Have you tried the Slick Tip points (Satellite Archery)? They feature an oversize field point and a delrin collar for easy removal. I would think the fatter point would reduce penetration.
These points caused me some issues 3D shooting. My inserts were coming outa hair. I have never had that issue except with these points.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:48 PM

Mark - I have only fired a couple hundred shots with these points, and only into a Block 4X4 target. Do you think the delrin collar is compressing and allowing the insert to get pushed back into the arrow shaft?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob,the easton field points are the absolute best points on the market and they have a blunt end so they should work great for you.

They are available at www.lancasterarchery.com

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38_79_65_88&products_id =974&osCsid=3a1a543f355a979d5543543e95a73ab9

You could use the bullet style points that taper bigger but they are hard on targets.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

If I was you, I would start using bullet points. bowhunterssuperstore has em in all kinds of sizes.
I say ditto this, but maybe you need a better target as well. I have a Morrell Outdoor range, about $80, that I've never had an arrow even poke the back side of. If you're using something this durable, and poking all the way through, then the bults may help.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks bigcountry, I think I found exactly what I was looking for.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks TFOX, that also helps me, between you and bigcountry I've found exactly what I need, I appreciate it guys.

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I say ditto this, but maybe you need a better target as well. I have a Morrell Outdoor range, about $80, that I've never had an arrow even poke the back side of. If you're using something this durable, and poking all the way through, then the bults may help.
It's not the target, it's the same one you have, the Morrell outdoor bag, it's stopped ALL arrows through many bows except my Allegiance and these pointy points I have. It's the KE and the points. Like I said, I have ONE point that differs and the bag stops that one but not the others. I know when I change points, I'll be fine. Right now I have to put another target behind it to stop my arrows. I know I'll have even more of an issue when my 82nd comes (if I don't change points).

Thanks again guys.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Mark - I have only fired a couple hundred shots with these points, and only into a Block 4X4 target. Do you think the delrin collar is compressing and allowing the insert to get pushed back into the arrow shaft?
I am not sure. I admit, I shot the crap out these arrows. When I started using these points, I was singing thier praises, but then started pulling them out of 3d targets and shocked to see my insert moving. I figured if the insert would move 1/8", it would come on out.

I bet you won't have issues shooting a block. Some new 3d targets can be tough to pull out of.

Quick Reply: Field points for ACC's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.