Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Field points for ACC's.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Field points for ACC's.

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Thanks TFOX, that also helps me, between you and bigcountry I've found exactly what I need, I appreciate it guys.

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

If I was you, I would start using bullet points. bowhunterssuperstore has em in all kinds of sizes.
I say ditto this, but maybe you need a better target as well. I have a Morrell Outdoor range, about $80, that I've never had an arrow even poke the back side of. If you're using something this durable, and poking all the way through, then the bults may help.
It's not the target, it's the same one you have, the Morrell outdoor bag, it's stopped ALL arrows through many bows except my Allegiance and these pointy points I have. It's the KE and the points. Like I said, I have ONE point that differs and the bag stops that one but not the others. I know when I change points, I'll be fine. Right now I have to put another target behind it to stop my arrows. I know I'll have even more of an issue when my 82nd comes (if I don't change points).

Thanks again guys.
I also have the outdoor range target and I have to rotate it constantly to keep from passing through.But I have really small arrows most of the time but I still only shoot 58#'s.[8D]

You might look into getting a piece of rubber or coal mine belt to hang behind the target,that will stop anything.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 PM
bigcountry

It's not the target, it's the same one you have, the Morrell outdoor bag, it's stopped ALL arrows through many bows except my Allegiance and these pointy points I have.
I have put the morrell bag in my garage for paper tuning setup. And it worked great until I had a few arrows go thru, and into the wall into the laundry room. But I couldn't find a bigger bag to use. I should have put some 3/4" ply behind.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I feel your pain Rob. I got a second Outdoor Range bag for my basement just last week, and I've been shooting down there every night. Each game, I've gotta move the target every 5 ends to prevent arrows from coming out the back. Tonight I ruined 2x brand new GoldTip 30x Pro's because they poked out the far side and smashed into the concrete block wall. [:'(]

I've gotta get this bag hung, they stop arrows MUCH better when hanging......I think the arrows lose more energy when the bag has some give to it as compared to just sitting on the ground leaning against something.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not the target, it's the same one you have, the Morrell outdoor bag, it's stopped ALL arrows through many bows except my Allegiance and these pointy points I have.
I have put the morrell bag in my garage for paper tuning setup. And it worked great until I had a few arrows go thru, and into the wall into the laundry room. But I couldn't find a bigger bag to use. I should have put some 3/4" ply behind.
I actually have what is left of one behind another old worn out onein my garage to keep that from happening.

I can't believe I have gone through 3 of those things in the past 8 or so years.I am also on my second cover on the 3rd one. MAN,I used to shoot ALOT.

I used to go through the cheapies in about a month,if that.[]
Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Man, I feel your pain Rob. I got a second Outdoor Range bag for my basement just last week, and I've been shooting down there every night. Each game, I've gotta move the target every 5 ends to prevent arrows from coming out the back. Tonight I ruined 2x brand new GoldTip 30x Pro's because they poked out the far side and smashed into the concrete block wall. [:'(]

I've gotta get this bag hung, they stop arrows MUCH better when hanging......I think the arrows lose more energy when the bag has some give to it as compared to just sitting on the ground leaning against something.
They do.

I ruined an ACC hyperspeed last night when it fell off my spring steelrest and I didn't notice it.It went right through my arrow saw wheel cover.[:'(]

$30.00 arrow destroyed that is no longer made.[:@]
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM
bigcountry

But, in morrells defense. They are still the most durable game going.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about that, they are pretty good compared to other bags, butthe new spyderweb targets are supposed to be amazing. I've heard of them at public ranges taking 150,000 arrows without pass throughs. They are pricey though, at nearly $700 for the large one. If my next house has a full 20 yards in the basement, I'll have one of these.......

You can get a 24" spyderweb as well for a LOT less, around $130 I hear.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Morrel Outdoor Range is definately one of the best BAG targetsbut there are a few others that are good as well.

Like I said,I would go through some of the others in about a month,these last MUCH longer.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
bigcountry

I don't know about that, they are pretty good compared to other bags, butthe new spyderweb targets are supposed to be amazing. I've heard of them at public ranges taking 150,000 arrows without pass throughs. They are pricey though, at nearly $700 for the large one. If my next house has a full 20 yards in the basement, I'll have one of these.......

700 dollars, they better come with a person to bring the arrows back to me.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

700 dollars, they better come with a person to bring the arrows back to me.
And SHE better be damn good looking.

Quick Reply: Field points for ACC's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.