Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fred bear instinct 07"

Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default fred bear instinct 07"

has any one got any chrono speeds on the instinct,thinking of buying one was wondering if the speed was respectable,Thanks...........Ted
Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fred bear instinct 07"

I just got one for Christmas. Haven't chrono'd it yet, but I know it is faster than my son's Diamond Rock. Based on the distance between my pins, I would say it is pretty quick.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

did you buy yours already set up with site w/b s-coil on it or did you ad them to it...........Ted
Old 01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

i would also like to know.. man i love my instinct and i just got a dozen cabelas stalker extreme arrows with blazer vanes and those things seem to shoot alot faster and straighter than the beman ics arrows i had before.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the ICS HUNTER BEEMANS 340's I don't like the way they fly either,I am gonna hand pick the next dozen.I tried the instinct and liked the way it shot,I also shot the bengal it seemed to be a little faster but the instinct seemed to be just a tad bit quiter and felt good in my hand,I would like to shoot em both side by side with every thing apples to apples on them,the bengals draw length was a little long and the shop I was at was busy and ready to close for the day,I have a truth bow now it's R/H but I am gonna have to start shooting left cause I'm going blind in my right eye and I can get a really good buy right now on an instict,excellent tree stand bow.............Ted
Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bucksnortinted

did you buy yours already set up with site w/b s-coil on it or did you ad them to it...........Ted
Had the S-coil on my old bow, but the rest I bought with the bow. The sight is different than the one you would get with the package, also.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, I don't think anything on the bow is what was supposed to come with it, except the stab which I replaced with my S-coil.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

I'm pretty sure the one I looked at had the rts package on it,I would probally change everything,I have a vibracheck-Icon stab and I would really like to put a muzzy zero effect rest on it if it will work on it,the muzzy will not work on my truth bow,and I have a triad doulbe pin site from kingsway archery,to put on it,I don't no tho I like my truglo-globrite site that is on my truth..........Ted
Old 02-02-2008, 04:00 PM

i have a muzzy zero effect on my instinct i just havent got to tune it in yet...overall nice bow...fast,quiet,and feels good in your hand
Old 02-02-2008, 04:54 PM

It's not a real speed bow. My buddy's clocked 273 fps with a 384 grain arrow, and the draw weight set at 65 lbs.

Quick Reply: fred bear instinct 07"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.