Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

CX Maxima Hunter Question, Actual FOC values

Old 01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CX Maxima Hunter Question, Actual FOC values

Has anyone seen or heard what kind of pricing the aramid will have. They caught my eye, but if they are much more than the maxima hunters Ill just shoot the hunters. From what I hear they are a great shaft anyway.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The CX Maxima Hunters are the best all carbon arrow I have ever shot. The FOC feature is definitely a big plus, and the new Kevlar wrapped FOC arrows CX is coming out with should be awesome

Dan
Yeah the Aramid's will be nice, but pretty steep pricing. I'm guessing the sales pitch is that with the wrapped Kevlar, the arrows react out of the bow and recover quicker?
I guess the sales pitch for Bullet proof vests is they might save your life

Everything is not a sales pitch, sorry if you've been took somewhere, but FOC is not a myth nor a sales pitch and it works. It gives that little extra a lot of guys need.I'm sure Kevlar will add even more toughness and durability to an already great shaft
I've said for a long time and I still continue to say the CX Maxima series are the best all Carbon arrows I have shot. I can't wait until the new Kevlar wrapped shafts arrive.

I still like my ACC's and FMJ's but I'll have some of the CX Maxima shafts around. You can bet on that

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: passthru79

Has anyone seen or heard what kind of pricing the aramid will have. They caught my eye, but if they are much more than the maxima hunters Ill just shoot the hunters. From what I hear they are a great shaft anyway.
I heard but don't remember exact figures off hand. They were higher but not a huge amount

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I deffinetly like the idea of the aramid, not real keen on how heavy they are though. I prefer a little lighter gpi.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I deffinetly like the idea of the aramid, not real keen on how heavy they are though. I prefer a little lighter gpi.
The CX 250Maximas 27" long with a 100 grain head, 5" wrap and Razr feathersbuild to the following weights for me.
Maxima 250- 326 grains
Maxima Hunter 250- 345 grains
Aramid 250- 370 grains according to the shaft specs on their site they should land right there pretty close

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not saying FOC is foolish because it's not. I plan on having two different setups next year, one of them being a high FOC setup. I'm not saying the Aramid's are a bad idea, I think they will probably be the most top notch Carbon arrow on the market, but like anything else CX makes, you'll pay dearly for it. The Aramids are going to be about $199 per Doz. If I can justify it, I might end up getting some.

I think limbs could benefit from Kevlar as well. Not just to keep them from breaking, but I think Kevlar would recover quicker, be more efficient, and then just be tougher.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah the 250's are fine, but Im pretty sure I would have to bump up to the 350's specialy if I went with a 125grain head.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I'm not saying FOC is foolish because it's not. I plan on having two different setups next year, one of them being a high FOC setup. I'm not saying the Aramid's are a bad idea, I think they will probably be the most top notch Carbon arrow on the market, but like anything else CX makes, you'll pay dearly for it. The Aramids are going to be about $199 per Doz. If I can justify it, I might end up getting some.

I think limbs could benefit from Kevlar as well. Not just to keep them from breaking, but I think Kevlar would recover quicker, be more efficient, and then just be tougher.
You are evidently not talking shafts and it depends a lot on where you buy them. I sold Maxima Hunters this past season for $99.95 a dozen. Have you priced any FMJ's or ACC's lately?
A friend once told me if you want good clean Oats you have to willing to pay a fair price. If on the other hand you would be satisfied with Oats after they have been through the Horse I'll find you a bargain
A lot of truth in that

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might have to give you a call if thats what your selling the maxima hunters for MeanV2. Thats one of the best prices Ive seen for them.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I might have to give you a call if thats what your selling the maxima hunters for MeanV2. Thats one of the best prices Ive seen for them.

Dan

Quick Reply: CX Maxima Hunter Question, Actual FOC values

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.