Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

CX Maxima Hunter Question, Actual FOC values

Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 AM

Default RE: CX Maxima Hunter Question, Actual FOC values

Mobow, thanks for the additional info.

Based on your numbers, and running compairisons to your setup in AA (Archers Advantage), it *seems* like there is about a minimum of 0.3 to 0.5% increase in FOC on the actual Maxima Hunter arrows over what AA is calculating for FOC.

I did some comparisons with the current set of GT's that I have, and AA nailed the calculated weight, and FOC on the nose. Now, the difference in FOC in AA vs. your numbers could come from anywhere, component variation in your setup, invalid weight values for components I setup in AA, etc. However, bare minimum it looks like i can hit 13ish % FOC with blazers and 125g heads, and push up to 15% FOC by going to feathers. With that in mind, I'll pick up 1/2 a dozen shafts this week and start setting them up to see what kind of numbers I can get.

So, to hijack my own thread, anyone know where can I pickup some Gateway Raysr Feathers? I havnt seen them on Cabelas anywhere, havent checked Bass Pro yet though...
Old 01-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have 3 or 4 colors in stock. Shoot me a PM if you want

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just checked the FOC on a Maxima 250 vs. a Maxima Hunter 250 I have here both fletched identical with Razr feathers, and a 100 grain head.

Maxima 250 12.5% FOC

Maxima Hunter 250 13.3% FOC

Hope that helps some more

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 09:52 AM

Sweet deal, thanks for that info Dan!

So my logic tells me that on average, the Maxima Hunter shafts probably show between a low of 0.2% to *maybe* as high as 1.0% increase in FOC over a identical weight/component arrow without the additional camo coating added to the Maxima hunters. Of course it would vary quite a bit depending on the arrow length, the size shaft used, and all the components used, however, the FOC build in to the Maxima hunters does not look to be completely insignificant.

*Edit: PM sent btw dan
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

BTW those arrows were 27" with wraps and Razr's

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

MeanV2, how do those Razr's compair to blazers as far as flight and stability. I was just curious cause Ive been shooting blazers but wouldnt mind getting something a bit lighter.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: passthru79

MeanV2, how do those Razr's compair to blazers as far as flight and stability. I was just curious cause Ive been shooting blazers but wouldnt mind getting something a bit lighter.
I have been impressed with the Razr's. I think they fly every bit as well if not better than the Blazers. Keep in mind I am a feathers guy, but I think the advantages of feathers far outweigh the disadvantage. I have shot Razr's, Blazers, and the new QS Speed Hunter ST's a considerable amount and I would rate them as follows:
1. Razr's = light weight, excellent flight, improves FOC, very forgiving
2. QS Speed Hunter ST's= great flight, durable, but pricey
3. Blazers= Great flight, durable, economical
They will all do the job but I do prefer the Razr's

Here's a pic of Razr's on my CX Maximas

Dan

Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

From what I've seen, the Maxima Hunter's don't seem to produce any extra FOC, just more of a marketing ploy. Call me crazy, but I think the "Bulldog" collar cancels out any extra advantage it has.
You've not shot these arrows much, huh?

I sure have shot these arrows, alot. I shot them for the first part of hunting season and took my doe with one. I like Carbon Express, but I'll take the 3D selects over these.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The CX Maxima Hunters are the best all carbon arrow I have ever shot. The FOC feature is definitely a big plus, and the new Kevlar wrapped FOC arrows CX is coming out with should be awesome

Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The CX Maxima Hunters are the best all carbon arrow I have ever shot. The FOC feature is definitely a big plus, and the new Kevlar wrapped FOC arrows CX is coming out with should be awesome

Dan
Yeah the Aramid's will be nice, but pretty steep pricing. I'm guessing the sales pitch is that with the wrapped Kevlar, the arrows react out of the bow and recover quicker?

Quick Reply: CX Maxima Hunter Question, Actual FOC values

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.