Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Yellow Jacket Broadhead only targets

Old 01-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Yellow Jacket Broadhead only targets

What is different about them that you can't shoot field points in them??? I would think that if they are capable of taking a broadhead that they would be capable of taking field points. I'm confused.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Yellow Jacket Broadhead only targets

You can shoot field tips into them, there isnt anything stopping you from doing it. Just a warning though, if you do most likely they will go in up to the fletches and be nearly impossible to pull out. I tried field tips on mine just to see what it would do and it took two of us to get them out. To be honest I wasnt really impressed with their ability to stop broadheads either.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok, thanks.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

And use all the target. If you keep shooting the same spot you'll did a hole, and next time you might get a clean pass through. Yellowjackets are great. I've worn out several. I haven't found anything on the market better. I use the Morrell bag target for field tips.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not saying they dont work, I just wasnt impressed. When you pull your broaheads out you get chunks of foam, cardboard and other stuff that is inside the target. On the outside the morrel looks good, but its just filled with scrap pieces. In my opinion there are alot better trargets out there for the money.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 AM

How much should I expect to pay for a good BH target ?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Block target that says you can shoot anything into it! Pulling the ICS's out with field tips is a chore so I can imagine what b/h's would be like! I have a bag target that I will use with a piece of thick styrofoam when the time comes! Hey Rev are you the one on the commercial about Morrel target dressed like Bozo?Oh thats normal dress I forgot!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:45 PM

I shot the block all this summer with 2 buddies that didnt have one i dont know how many arrows we put in it but it was a ton. And i dont have the need to buy a new one because its still going strong. It did get a little torn up on one side that we pretty much destroyed with broadheads but it was really only the outside the inside is fine so you can still shoot it. Its by far the best target that any of us have shot on.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was yours the 4x4 Block or the regular white one with a blank side? Mines holding up great possibly due to the fact I'm not real consistant yet so I'm not tenderizing one spot much!My dog sits and watches me wrestle the field points out but I threaten his life when he walks by with that "look".When it comes to b/h's I may try a couple in it but the bag target is what I figure I will use most the time,all it's been used for is the X-Bow.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

the morrell is 40 bucks.....an the morrell bag is 40 bucks..get 2 targets for the price of 1 block.an i gurantee you they will out last the block by along shot!!!!!