Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another how's my form? pic

Old 01-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another how's my form? pic

Here it is, a still picture.

Critique away!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:33 PM

Default RE: Another how's my form? pic

You look like a 300 60 x shooter
Old 01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks pretty darn good as long as that preshot sequence is coming along.[8D]

Have you tried a straighter arm approach?Just asking,I am not saying you SHOULD change,just asking if you have tried it.Most spot shooters are shooting with a straighter arm,definately not all,one of the best does use a bent arm so it does work, but it might be worth trying,plus,I could see you getting the string on the end of the nose.

You are definately at a point where you need to be finding your style and what works best for you.Don't be affraid to experiment a little.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Looks pretty darn good as long as that preshot sequence is coming along.[8D]

Have you tried a straighter arm approach?Just asking,I am not saying you SHOULD change,just asking if you have tried it.Most spot shooters are shooting with a straighter arm,definately not all,one of the best does use a bent arm so it does work, but it might be worth trying,plus,I could see you getting the string on the end of the nose.

You are definately at a point where you need to be finding your style and what works best for you.Don't be affraid to experiment a little.

The pre shot sequence is comming along. [8D]

I'm glad you reply'd you were one I was looking forward to hearing from.

I haven't messed with trying a straight arm yet, I might experiament. At the moment I'm a more successful 3D shooter than spots, but spots is something I'd like to work at getting better at because it means being more consistant and having SOLID form.

As far as the nose on the string goes, if I shortened the draw I would be able to do it, but if I do that, it's really uncomfortable, I think it has something to do with the string angle on the longer ATA bow. I could be wrong though, but I would also like to shoot nose on the string aswell.

For some reason though, no matter how I tweak the draw, I shoot better, and it feels more comfortable right where it is. No matter what my draw length is set at, I seem to always pull it to the same spot on my face. I don't know why, I guess I'm just weird.[8D]
Old 01-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a picture of my grip aswell.

My pointer and thumb ARE NOT touch the front of the riser, they are just touching themselves. Just something I do I guess.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like to tuck my fingers and get them completely relaxed,I see a small amount of tension in them but that seems to be a minor thing .

I wouldn't shorten your draw,it looks perfect to me.I was just saying that straightening the arm would put the string on the end of the nose.Just try not to lock the elbow when trying to straighten out.

Like I said,it is just something to try.

Your form is solid imo and I would reccomend working on the bt at this point more than any one thing you work at.That will bring that spot game around.

MAN,I never did like spots,I always got bored out of my mind and would lose focus each time I tried it.

1 more thing,if you really want to get serious about spots,you might consider getting a spot bow,not a hunting bow. Those Pro Elites are some sweet shooters.[8D]
Old 01-01-2008, 05:53 PM

I would not lock your elbow if you push and pull on your release for back tension and the bow will push forward at the target not to the right on the shot. I don't know who showed how to shoot, but they done good job on your form. I can't see your pin on the target and your release. If it's good and in the middle thats where it should hit. My anchor is some what like yours because I wear glasses and to keep from seeing the frames. I need to anchor off to the side of my nose. I shot once with the string in the middle of my nose and chin when bows got shorter off to the side of my chin and than I went side of my nose for glasses. I have shot a lots of 300 60x indoors and it helps you become a shooting machine, meaning to do every thing the same every time shooting target, 3Ds and for bowhunting

Good luck and good shooting
Old 01-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like to tuck my fingers and get them completely relaxed,I see a small amount of tension in them but that seems to be a minor thing .

I wouldn't shorten your draw,it looks perfect to me.I was just saying that straightening the arm would put the string on the end of the nose.Just try not to lock the elbow when trying to straighten out.

Like I said,it is just something to try.

Your form is solid imo and I would reccomend working on the bt at this point more than any one thing you work at.That will bring that spot game around.

MAN,I never did like spots,I always got bored out of my mind and would lose focus each time I tried it.

1 more thing,if you really want to get serious about spots,you might consider getting a spot bow,not a hunting bow. Those Pro Elites are some sweet shooters.[8D]
I really want to get an Outdoor/Spot bow, but I don't know what I want to get. I'm thinking about a Vantage X7 or X8.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

They should both be shooters.I have never held one of them but I have held the Elite series and they are unbelievable.(and expensive)
Old 01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

They should both be shooters.I have never held one of them but I have held the Elite series and they are unbelievable.(and expensive)

Well I have that Elite (archery) hunting bow on order and as much as I like it, I think I'm going to cancel and just go with a target bow. I should have that Cardiac thursday, so that can be the hunting bow. Sounds like a plan, now I just have to make the deccesion of what I want and what color

Quick Reply: Another how's my form? pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.