Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Just doesn't seem right....any suggestions?

Old 12-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just doesn't seem right....any suggestions?

The man chimes in. Hes anchor point is high because is holding his back arm up too high? I thought low because he is knocking too far down the string, right behind the knock, instead of above it. Help me out. as it will probably improve something in my world.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: live2Draw

The man chimes in. Hes anchor point is high because is holding his back arm up too high? I thought low because he is knocking too far down the string, right behind the knock, instead of above it. Help me out. as it will probably improve something in my world.
The back elbow is a result of the anchor,not the other way around,imo.I don't believe the back elbow is too high,look at most top shooters in the compound release game and you will see the elbow is higher in most cases,most have it very close to the eye.

The low elbow is a tournament recurve,fingers thing.IMO,it changes when the anchors are up on the face with a release.

I don't like the bend in the wrist on the release hand though.That is another tension point that I see.Let go of the release and let it just float there.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

i Agree. I shoot with a high elbow.but I would dthink he would want to anchor further up above the knoking point, or am I just looking at it wrong?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

i Agree. I shoot with a high elbow.but I would dthink he would want to anchor further up above the knoking point, or am I just looking at it wrong?
I refer to anchors as where he is on the face,not the string.Yes,he would need to be higher on the string to bring his anchors down.That would require a bent elbow or longer draw to get the string back to his face.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

You'll figure it out. I think your right, something needs to change.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree his anchor is high, but I disagree with those that say his draw length is too short. His arm is locked and his back shoulder is jacked up. Relax and bend the bow arm a little, the string will come back to your nose and then you can decide how much more to shorten your draw length. Your anchor is probably 2 inches higher than I would say mine is. The top of your hand is up by the top of your ear. It should be under your cheek bone
Old 12-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I agree his anchor is high, but I disagree with those that say his draw length is too short. His arm is locked and his back shoulder is jacked up. Relax and bend the bow arm a little, the string will come back to your nose and then you can decide how much more to shorten your draw length. Your anchor is probably 2 inches higher than I would say mine is. The top of your hand is up by the top of your ear. It should be under your cheek bone
that makes more sense to me.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

that makes more sense to me.
The problem is when he lowers his anchor(if he decides to),the string will get further away from the contact points on the face.Due to the angle of the string.

I disagree about a bend in the bowarm but that is a personall thing and he needs to make that decision on his own.I did say he needs to relax it(unlock the elbow)

Once he has done those things,the drawlength will need to be reevaluated and imo,will need to belengthened a little but maybe not.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I might add,it would be completely plausible to shoot this bow at that draw length and hit the 3 anchor points we strive for,even with lowering the anchor,it just would depend on how much bow arm bend is comfortable and repeatable.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:53 AM

Quick Reply: Just doesn't seem right....any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.