Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OK how's MY form? :-)

Old 12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK how's MY form? :-)

Well other than whiter than white, it looks pretty damn good Matt.
Dude lay off, there are some definite shades of pink in there.

Thanks TFOX for the feedback, now I'm going to be thinking about that shoulder thing tomorrow at the range.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Well other than whiter than white, it looks pretty damn good Matt.
Dude lay off, there are some definite shades of pink in there.
Yeah, I see your forehead is flushed. [8D]
Old 12-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys ever see how short Dave Cousins sets up?[:-]
Actually everythingI do with respect to form is based around his style, and i wish I could find a good side view of him at anchor and I think you'd see some similarities in body position. I think Dave's front shoulder sets up at least as high? I have to find one somewhere............
Old 12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Dominant Buck

They've all been covered. Your feet are too close together and your haircut really sucks.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

He does setup short but he doesn't let the shoulder load up,it loads back.

Look at the video you posted and watch it when he shoots,it goes forward and never drops.If it was loaded up,it would have to come down.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

And he looks across the string while leaning into it and most coaches would probably cringe at that but do you think any of them have the cahoona's to try and change it.IIMO,this gets his eye in line with his back elbow but that is just one man's opinion.

That what I am saying,only you can know for sure if a change is warranted.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'm going to need someone to physically move my body into position to reflect that change in my shoulders because I think what I'm doing is so burned into my muscle memory that it doesn't want to go anywhere else.

For 3D shooting I always liked that slightly "aggressive" posture of going to the shot and being able to stay behind everything fully by setting up just a tad short. That's where the slight chin down comes from, and I hate that feeling of being out of pull and too stretched out, that's when things fall apart for me so I like to be sure I will never find myself in that stretched out leanback posture trying to find my angled shots. A touch short also allows me to feel stronger over the course of 30 or 40 targets in up and down terrain. The back doesn't seem to get as fatigued.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I think I'm going to need someone to physically move my body into position to reflect that change in my shoulders because I think what I'm doing is so burned into my muscle memory that it doesn't want to go anywhere else.

For 3D shooting I always liked that slightly "aggressive" posture of going to the shot and being able to stay behind everything fully by setting up just a tad short. That's where the slight chin down comes from, and I hate that feeling of being out of pull and too stretched out, that's when things fall apart for me so I like to be sure I will never find myself in that stretched out leanback posture trying to find my angled shots. A touch short also allows me to feel stronger over the course of 30 or 40 targets in up and down terrain. The back doesn't seem to get as fatigued.
Exactly,you know the game and know where you stand with it.That is why I kept saying you are a good enough archer to know what is best for you.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:19 PM

Man, I'm by NO MEANS an expert, but even before I read the replies, my first thought was "man, his shoulders look all bunched up"........

But ummmmmm.....yeah, w/out question you would whoop my tail, so uh.....take that for what it's worth....LOL
Old 12-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Dominant Buck

My shoulder would give out if I shot like that ....really. I bet if you stood in front of a mirror you'd find you can drop that shoulder real easy.

Quick Reply: OK how's MY form? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.