Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Setting Nock Point?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Setting Nock Point?

I am going to try a D Loop out this year after a few recommendations. I read the Thread on How to tie in nock sets and the D Loop. My question is this.....How do i tie the nock sets so that they can move to paper tune. If i tie the loop around them being loose i cant really get the loop as tight as it should be. Without the loop i just moved nocks. I am just alittle confused about this. It seems that once it is tied it is done. If someone could help me out with this. It is most likely something very simple. thanks.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Setting Nock Point?

I have always just used a D-loop and not bothered with tieing on nocks. For tuning, you can twist the loop around the string and it moves up and down the serving like a screw. This makes it very quick and simple to make adjustments. Then the more you shoot, the tighter the loop grips the serving and it won't move from shooting.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you read that thread you alluded to closely, you'll see where I was asked that same question... With my Bowtechs, I know they're going to perform best with the arrow at a 90-degree to the string. I start right there, and if I need to fine-tune it from there, I use the rest's adjustments.

You can get where you can set up a bow really quick like this, and if for some reason you don't get close where you start out at with tying your nocksets, you can quickly strip the string down and start over closer to where you need to be before fine-tuning with the rest.

The nice thing about having your nock sets tied in is the ability to cut off and re-ty new d-loops at will, fine-tuning their length as necessary -- and not having to start over from scratch to find your tune again. Just last night, I was playing with some different length d-loops on my 3d rig, and I tied three in quick succession knowing I wasn't messing up anything I'd already set.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg's right on the money with this one. I'm always trying different D-loop lengths and having the nocks tied in saves a lot of tuning time.