Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A/C or All Carbon?

Old 12-24-2007, 08:54 PM

Default RE: A/C or All Carbon?

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: mobow

Both the ACC and Maxima measure straightness over the entire length of the arrow, not the standard 8" of most other shafts. That makes them inherantly straighter than every shaft out there. I'm not sure yet as to how Trophy Ridge measure the straightness of theirs, be it the length of the shaft or 8".
Does this mean that the spine of an arrow measured the full length is actually stiffer than one that only measures 8"?

Reason for asking is the weight of each. Might be able to shoot a lighter arrow if the spin is truer.
I've never thought of it that way, but yeah, I guess that could be the case. I don't know though.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Spine is measured over a 28" span.That is a standard that all shafts are supposed to adhere to.

Mobowas speaking of straightness and I am not sure what the standard for measuing straightness is.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Spine is measured over a 28" span.That is a standard that all shafts are supposed to adhere to.
Exactly!!

Dan
Old 12-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

I think that nodog was asking if there was an interaction between spine characteristics and straightness.

I.e., the dynamic spine of a less straight arrow might be less than that of a perfectly straight arrow.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:59 AM

I view it this way. If an arrow is "loose" on straightness tolerance, how "loose" are they on the rest of the specs?? Probably just as....Which is I why I always say get the best arrows you can afford.

I know it's difficult dropping cash on arrows, but it really, truely, is well worth it.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cheaper is cheaper for a reason!

Dan
Old 12-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
The aluminum guys would beg to differ.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Mobowas speaking of straightness and I am not sure what the standard for measuing straightness is.
I honestly don't know how they do any of it. You'd think they use the same standard and one machine. Hard to believe they check everyone. Really don't think they do. It's not like they're returnable. I some what tried with a maxima. Contacted them and told them I had a bad arrow that wouldn't group with the others, it was a flyer. They return my response with. I don't understand what you mean. Please call meat ... Too funny. An arrow company not knowing what that means. Never did. Not worth the time. They were nice about it.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan
Ok put it like this, cheaper Aluminum arrows are cheaper for a reason, and Cheaper carbon arrows are cheaper for a reason.

Wasn't trying to compare apples and oranges

Dan
Old 12-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan
Ok put it like this, cheaper Aluminum arrows are cheaper for a reason, and Cheaper carbon arrows are cheaper for a reason.

Wasn't trying to compare apples and oranges

Dan
Fair enough. Some of us have been talking about going back to them because of the price these days. They're not in therange, yet. When carbons started out they were cheaper than aluminums. For some reason other than the cost of making them apparently, they have sky rocketed.

Quick Reply: A/C or All Carbon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.