Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

LX or Legacy

Old 01-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LX or Legacy

A few years ago I took a buck when the wind chill was minus 38 degrees with no arm guard or concern for hitting my wrist. The weapon of choice that day was my Darton Maverick. I believe the brace height was listed at 6 1/8" not that it matters but mine is closer to six (measured). Thirty yard shot, right on the money! Point being, a low brace height cannot always be intrepreted as a wrist slapper. Form, design (riser/grip), all play a role in making a bow shootable. With no change in form, I have had some other bows with a 7 1/2" brace height that would hit my wrist every now and then without heavy clothes on.

Old 01-28-2003, 09:32 PM

If your draw length is too long and or you shoot with a straight bow arm it can cause problems with low BH.I would like to shoot a lx.The legacy is one sweet shooting bow.If the lx is smoother and faster it might convince me to pony up the bucks.I'm just having a hard time forking over $700 for a bow.

CB

WHACKEM N STACKEM
Old 01-29-2003, 07:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2003, 10:29 PM

Have an LX on order, can't wait ti get it!!
Old 02-01-2003, 11:10 PM

I own a legacy, have shot it now for about 2 months. Ive learn to LOVE the bow. The more i shoot it the more i become comfortable with it. The one very nice thing they came out with is the new limb pockets. My buddy that works on my bows for me was telling me about the advantage about this. He said that it is just another thing to increase accuracy of the bow. The limb pockets are designed so that you do not have unwanted limb movement. Im not sure i have a problem with my legacy. but he assured me that it would be mynute. I do not like the lx. It looks cheesy if you ask me. I seriosly think they should have como patterned the new limb pockets. Along with a good shooting bow, i like to have great looks. And the mathews legacy really looks SWEET!