Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how is my new draw length (pic)

Old 12-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how is my new draw length (pic)

Had to throw a pic of Michael Braden in there to confuse the issue didn't you? [8D]
Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

YEPand he isn't even using a wrist release anymore from what I understand.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's what I heard, too... Michael Braden just won't be Michael Braden to me without that funky, cocked-up wrist. [8D]
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I posted this some time back.

OR THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5E6EH122ik

There are some definate things in the video he probably could work on but if you listen to the background voice say 14 at the end,that is really what matters.

AND,he is a level 3 coach the last I checked.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

You do have to admit though,there are a WHOLE LOT of titles in those few pics I posted.

Several Vegas wins,countless ASA and IBO titles and who knows how many world titles.

AND,a few world records thrown in for good measure.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck, it's not for me to say he needs to work on anything! I'm theone who listens to HIM (in his Straight Talk DVD...)He just wouldn't be as recognizable to me... [8D]
Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

I think you need to make sure that you have an arrow in the bow when drawing it back and keep your finger behind the trigger. You don’t want to dry fire it.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why is your peep site set that high on your string? Lower your peep &put on a kisser button. This will give you a consistant anchor point. When you draw your bow, you shoudlnt have to move your head at all, your peep should line up with your dominant eye (right eye in your case) and that kisser should be right at the corner of your mouth where it meets the cheek.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 AM

TFOX I really can't remember were that picture was taken, but it was taken at one of the nationals are a state championship when I was shooting pro fingers in the 80's for Golden Eagle archery. The only time I had pictures of me in archery is when I won a tournament. Some were for a newspaper, magazine are some thing that was going on. I have some really old pictures some with a recurve back in the 60s and 70s. I'm a old has been, been on the top and been on the bottom. Archery has been good to me over the years. I will stay with the elbow straight with my shoulders and bow arm. It always work for me in the past. I have shot some really good scores and won a lot of major tournaments. There are some records I have that still stand after 20 years in my state.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

I don't think it's too short. I think he needs to straighten out that bow arm and raise his anchor point.
could be. in both pics it looks like there may be room for extending the bow arm. if that doesn't work, then I'd agree that the draw length needs to be increased. either way, I'd only stick with the set-up as is if it was the only way you were comfortable or accurate.

Quick Reply: how is my new draw length (pic)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.