Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how is my new draw length (pic)

Old 12-12-2007, 04:04 PM

Default RE: how is my new draw length (pic)

Bring your elbow down and don't cock your head back
Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 PM

other then that is everything for the most part ok? like is that where the anchor point should be?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:13 PM

Anchor is ok, but work on the other things. Shoot a target at point plank with out aiming at any thing till get you anchor and from down. Once you have that down and can do it with out thinking about it start aiming.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let go of the death grip on the release and let it float more.

Bowdoc,the rear elbow is more of a personal preference item imo.Most because of body styles and anchor points.

If you check most pros today,they are shooting a higher elbow(most are in line with their eye)than in years past,the equipment has alot to do with that as well.Coaches are even starting to teach the high rear elbow in many cases,maybe for a cleaner release.

I showed MANY photos of this a few weeks back.

IfI bring my elbow down,I lose anchors.I also DO NOT force my rear elbow in either direction up or down,that is where it falls.I also believe this causes many problems for shooters when they start forcing things into positions that their bodies aren't built to handle.

I even helped a guy one time that was throwing his hips forward(not leaning back) and told him several time he was doing it and tried to fix it UNTILL I notice him standingwithout a bow in his hands.His hips were pushed forward then as well,I quit trying at that point to get his hips back,his body was just built that way.

No need to apologise,I have tried many different styles and draw lengths and it is always a work in progress.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here you go

Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 PM

ok so then my elbow is fine. correct?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO,the elbow is the least of your problems,I wouldn't even worry about it at this point.

Relaxing seems to be your biggest issue.

Bowdoc,the form in that pic you posted is pretty good.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I would suggest putting a kisser button on the string about an inch above your nock point. This will put you in the proper anchor position and also make your form more repeatable shot to shot. Then, like others have said, shoot blankbale for a while until your form becomes effortless and second nature.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:38 PM

ok, jeremy thanks for that though i will do thatwhen i go to the proshop to get new arrows,Tfox what is it that i dont look relaxed about?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

millerhunter13,,,,

while you are at the proshop have the bowtech give you some pointers on form as well as get your peep in the right spot and add a loop and get the draw length right and keep your release-arrow all in line.

Quick Reply: how is my new draw length (pic)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.