Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how is my new draw length (pic)

Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how is my new draw length (pic)

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

I don't think it's too short. I think he needs to straighten out that bow arm and raise his anchor point.

Good eye.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here you go,this will get you started in the right direction.

You don't have to be EXACTLY like this but this is very close to what most coaches are looking for.

Some like more bend in the elbow and some even like it straighter.I don't think you will find any that want as much bend as you have.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 AM

well i am going to go to the proshop this weekend to buy some new arrows, i will have him make it alittle longer, and i will see if it is more comfortable, personally i think it is alittle short to kinda, i wanted your guys's opinions, and yes i no about my peep and anchor and really my anchor is where my nose touches the string, not where my release is.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 AM

if you noticed i dont have the d loop on would that help any? or no.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

I don't think it's too short. I think he needs to straighten out that bow arm and raise his anchor point.
Agree , and put an arrow on the bow when doing these things , to prevent a dry fire
Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 AM

Your shoulder is rolled back and just stay loose in your elbow don't bend as much. Your anchor is low, but i don't know how much poundage you shoot. Maybe if not much you need to be that low. My anchor is low, but thats because I'm a old target finger shooter. Your stance may be off to I can't tell. Your shoulder angle is very important for good shooting and follow through. Stand in front of a target with your feet straight in line from the target and than put your right foot about a haft a foot in fount of the other and thats the angle your shoulder should be at full draw from your target.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to agree with raising the anchor point (and dropping the peep).
Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Every shooter is different, so there is no such thing as an exact way of shooting a bow.
I will say this, you do appear to have a bit too much bend in your arm. The more bend you have in the arm the more strain you are putting on your muscles to hold the bow steady which leads to movement at the bow, but also, just like in any sport, you dont want total lock out of the joint, there should be some bend at the elbow.
As far as the anchor point, I like to have nock right next to the corner of my mouth, it gives me a reference point that way every release is from the same spot.
Take your bow, and with your eyes closed, draw it back and hold it at the most comfortable point, then open your eyes and your peepsight should be perfectly alligned, if you have to adjust alot to get things lined up, the bow needs to be readjusted.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Who chaged the draw length? Did they not watch you shoot after they did it? I think you need more help than we can give you via the internet. You need to have someone help you shoot more consistantly. In one picture you have a severe bend in your arm, and the next it is almost straight. That should just not happen without making some serious changes to the bow.

In order to set your draw length properly you have to be able to draw consistantly from shot to shot.

Paul
Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 PM

like i said i went to the proshop i go to and he changed it, no he did not watch me shoot, and when i am shooting i am shooting consistently, i changed the way i was holding the bow which let me extend my bow arm alittle more, and no there wasnt any adjustments between those two pictures.

Quick Reply: how is my new draw length (pic)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.