Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey Bonecollector...

Old 01-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey Bonecollector...

You mentioned in another thread that you used a string loop for conventional solocams, but off the string (I assume) on a Darton CPS (I assume) or 2 cam bow, due to a "tuning thing"...

Will you expand on this a little please? I currently shoot a catfish loop on a single cam, and am giving serious consideration to going back to shooting off the string, and would appreciate your input. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hey Bonecollector...

Hey Rangeball
When setting up standard one cam bows I always found that because of nock travel the nock either had to be set 1/16 to 1/8" high or a rope loop used to get these bows to shoot well. It just seemed the release anchor point needed to be where the arrow normally would have been,so you either moved the arrow up(high nock) or left the arrow level and attached the release behind it(loop). With bows that had relatively flat nock travel the loop seemed to make no shooting improvement and sometimes made them harder to tune than when they were shot with the release directly on the string. So to me having to shorten draw length to use the loop(loosing 8-10 ft per sec) and getting no benefits in return seems silly. All twin cams,Darton CPS,and "post feed" single cams shoot very well off the bowstring. I dont know which bow your shooting but if its one of the above try it without the loop,you wont be disappointed. Good luck and let me know how it works out.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey Bonecollector...

I'm shooting a Diamond Hornet that has the Bowtech post feed single cam on it, I believe. It's set at 28" draw, with a loop on it, I can't get my nose on the string comfortably. I plan to ditch the loop, install a 29" draw module and shoot off the string with a tru-ball speed nock. We'll see how things go... Thanks for the response.