Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

papertuned

Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default papertuned

Ok, I finally managed to papertune my Tomkat, well sort off.
I placed my target on a shelf in the storageroom and ducktaped the doorway with paper.
I have offset arrows and straight fletchedones, the bow is now tuned with straight arrows but I tried all afternoon with the offset arrows and kept having irratic flights.
I twiddled with the nocks and the rest and at different distances, 2m and 4m.
Any clues to what's causin' this ???
Most impacts gave me a slightly high left tear.

Frank
Belgium
Old 12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: papertuned

Seriously F ,i tried papertuning my bow and i was getting a right tear . I adjusted and still the same , i adjusted more and still the same . Could i have the Wrong spine shaft ?

I've read you should not always go by papertuning , but this has really bugged me even though my arrows go into target straight [:@].

I'm even getting 5"groups at 45 yds , which i feel is pretty damn good .
Old 12-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Bails,
are your cams timed and your limbs the same ? look at the easton tuning guide that helped me a lot !!!

F.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:49 AM

If you've got good flight with the straight fletch and not with the offset the only culprit that it could be is fletching contact but aren't you shooting a bisquit? If so I'm really stumped. Otherwise get some spray on powder and coat your rest with it then shoot the offsets and see where they're hitting.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

Rob,
I just put one of my arrows through the Whiskerbiscuit and upon hitting the hairs my vanes are pushed against the black stiffer hairs because of the twisting motion.
I moved my nocks so the vanes only go through and touch the brown softer hairs.
I'll shoot some tomorrow at the practice range, see what happens.

thx

F.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:42 PM

KodiakArcher is that a hoyt ya got there?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a fletching clearance problem. Whiskerbiscuits can produce drag and interference, just look at it. Ditch the biscuit and get a good drop away restif you want cleaner more consistant flight. The whiskers wear over time, it is not a consistant rest. It is good enough for hunting in most situations. Biscuits have good points but tuning and accuracy over time it can vary. Offset vanes will contact more whiskers than straight fletch so it may tune differently.