Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

limbsavers/alpha shox

Old 12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default limbsavers/alpha shox

i have a littttle problem...i shoot on 06 Reflex highlander..for some reason, that thing eats up Alpha Shox like a fat kid eats cake...they dont last really long before they deteriorate...for 20 something a pop, they aughta last me longer IMO lol...

they seem to deteriorate...rubber is still soft, it isnt dry rot or exposed to light excessive amounts of time or anything like that...but its not more than a few months and after every shot i have to pop them back into place...never had them totally fall out, just the bottom 2 or so ridges pop out and are very worn and deteriorated in that area...also seems to always be the bottom limb...

anyone else have that problem?? any other products i should try?? what causing it?? if its from them doing their job, GREAT.

should i put 2 sets on each limb?? will it do anything "extra"? like be enough to keep them all GOOD? or or 1 alphashock and1 limbsaver on each limb?? i dont know what to do...ya ya..they dont pop out, dont let it bother me...but that aint me...it does bother me lol...im just that way...
Old 12-05-2007, 01:33 PM

Default RE: limbsavers/alpha shox

I've never heard of that before.....Does your string have enough twist in it? I mean, you didn't to take a couple twists out of it to line up your peep or anything did you? The string tension should hold them in place. I had shox on my string for a year and they never moved. Not tied in or anything.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry mobow....wrong kinda shox...

im talking alphashox and limbsavers for the limbs

the string shox still are in there workin great...even though mine are the 07 versions with the shock and leech arms..that alot of you said had trouble with the leech arms...mine are still there...my string shox actually havent ever moved...my old leeches moved around a bit..now to just figure out whats up with these dang limb shox
Old 12-05-2007, 03:04 PM

DUH......Boy I didn't read that very well.......I actually had that problem How close to the cams are they? Need to be about 2" away. I'm trying to remember what the heck I did to fix that....it's been a few years....Ummmmmmm.........Shoot, I can't remember.....I think I just bought new ones.....Maybe you could file the groove down a little...Maybe they don't seat quite right...
Old 12-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats about where they are if i had to guess...i figured the closer i could get them to the end of the limbs, the better...since they do the bending.....

hmmmm i might be onto somthing...maybe the limbs bending at that point is whats ruining them!! for some reason, watching the limbs bend fascinated me...before i got the bow, i though the cams did the work..never knew compound limbs actually bent...(never really saw anyone shoot a bow since i was a tiny little guy watchin dad) maybe thats whats killing my alpha shox....i will try moving them up just a bit and see if that dont fix it...i really think that MAY be the problem...the limbs flex inward and the shox just pop out...well, wear and wear until they pop out...
Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Got the fix for you . Take some of the peep site tubing and cut it into strips long enough to fit around the limb shox inbetween each of the nubs. What is happening is they move around on you a little bit each shot and it literally rubs a hole in the limb shox. Doing this will eliminate the movement. I have not tried it but I would think you could lay a line of the peep tubing inbetween the limb and the limbshox and do the same thing but I just keep doing it as previously noted.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont know how you feel about it but, id buy limbsavers instead...nothing to really go wrong with them
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Alpha , the limb shox are made by limbsavers
Old 12-07-2007, 03:41 PM

you need to fit the limbsavers on the straightest part{but as close to the end of the limb as possible}of the limb,maybe they are popping out because the limb is flexing to much at the point you have fitted them
Old 12-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

im a little late but are the Alpha shoxdifferent then the old scool mushroom style solid limbsavers...i probably thought you were talking about the product made by NAP dont know what name they market theres under.

Quick Reply: limbsavers/alpha shox

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.