Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serving separation ?????

Old 12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Serving separation ?????

I have a 05 Switchback and had the string and cables replaced before the season this year with W.C. I just recently noticed some serving separation on the Y cable at the bottom cam, where it rolls over the peak........is this a normal problem and do you think it needs to be re-served as the cable is almost completely showing?

I have some pics. if needed...........
Old 12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Serving separation ?????

I would have whoever ordered the strings for you give WC a call . I never had any problems with WC strings separating. If he wont call them for you , I would give them a call yourself. I believe they will take care of it for you.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Took this off WC web site. I would call them. Hope this helps.
Winner's Choice Custom Bowstrings Inc. Warranty
Because of the nature of our product, W.C.C.B products have no explicit warranty except as follows: Peep sights (such as True peep and Super Peep) installed as directed are guaranteed not to rotate on draw when used by a release shooter. All cam servings and center servings are guaranteed against serving separation. ( If properly installed, used and maintained as recommended on bows in good working order -properly aligned cams, good cable slide, etc. ). String creep beyond what is expected during break in period is also covered. These warranties extend for 1 year from the date of purchase. If you have a problem with any of our products, please contact W.C.C.B. If the problem is found to be the result of material or workmanship, W.C.C.B. may at its option, repair or replace the item. All warranty claims will be assessed by W.C.C.B. and the decisions will be final and uncontestable. (Certain center serving applications, especially when used with hard jaw releases, as well as problems arising from cable slides or improper installation, are not covered by warranty). Contact W.C.C.B. for details. Non–string products carry no warranty.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Well it looks like I 'm gonna have to head back to my pro-shop and have it replaced.......it is a good 45 mins. away so I wanted some input before making the trip...........

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM

i believe they'll ask you to send it back to have it repaired. in all honesty, and i'll let a cat out of the bag here, serving material and string material are made from the same thing - dyneema. serving seperation may be a sign of stretch, or just that the mathews cams are real good at pushing the serving. if its just a bit, and not in danger of coming apart and getting tangled in the cam, i would not call off a hunting trip for it, or really worry about it in the least. mathews shooters have been shooting like that since they started making single cams.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

Here's some pics.........you tell me if I should worry:

Old 12-04-2007, 06:11 AM

i wouldn't call a hunting trip off over it, but i'd get it fixed or replaced after season.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

Well it looks like I 'm gonna have to head back to my pro-shop and have it replaced.......it is a good 45 mins. away so I wanted some input before making the trip...........

Thanks,
Chris
Well, next time you'll know to buy your strings from Gibblet. I tell guys here on the forum time and time again, he makes the best string in the country. I've never had a string from him go bad.

His strings are number one... Why would anyone get a string from anyone else?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

Thanks,
Chris
Well, next time you'll know to buy your strings from Gibblet. I tell guys here on the forum time and time again, he makes the best string in the country. I've never had a string from him go bad.

His strings are number one... Why would anyone get a string from anyone else?

I agree. I got my 9th set coming probably today from John (aka Gibblet, aka BuckNasty). It is the 8th bow I have put his strings on. He is a great guy to work with as well.