Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whammy by spot hogg

Old 12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default whammy by spot hogg

What's the word on the street about this rest? I know it doesn't work with the Hoyt Vectrix so I am assuming it doesn't work with the new Katera either but since I don't have either,I might like to try it considering I have worn my other rest out.

http://www.watchtheoutdoors.com/showcase/hunting/spot_hogg.html
Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whammy by spot hogg

I have it on my '05 ProTec and like it alot. The metal prongs are noisy when the arrow drags but that can be fixed with the Teflon cover things. Pretty easy to get timed and I have had NO fletching contact with it at all.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:12 AM

It's prolly the fastest drop away rest on the market! I have never had any clearance issues unlike other drop aways. But the noise mentioned above is true. I just went to bass pro and bought some NAP teflon prong style covers and slide them on. Made a big difference!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I knew the teflon covers would have to be added but never heard of anyone actually using it.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:15 PM

T,
I have one on my Trykon. When timed correctly , it's the best drop away I have ever used.
There is NO vane contact , and you do NEED the teflon prong silencers.
It doesn't work on my Tribute or as you said the Vectrix. I THINK it's because of the lack of cable travel, that is necessary to activate the drop mechanism.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

They emailed me and said it worked on the Vulcanand assumed it would work on the Katera.

Sounds to me if you are using a parallel limb bow that you should probably stay away from this rest.Just an assumption.Will work on some but not all.

That is alot of money to throw away if it doesn't work but it sure does look sweet if it does.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

They emailed me and said it worked on the Vulcanand assumed it would work on the Katera.

Sounds to me if you are using a parallel limb bow that you should probably stay away from this rest.
I agree. The parallel and beyond parallel limbs don't move the cablesmuch.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

For a parallel limb bow you should really take a a look at the Limb Driver.

I put one on my Trykon XL about a year and a half ago. It is hands down the best rest I have ever used.
With the limb literally dragging the rest down, you get the full support of a prong type rest, with the clearance of a drop away.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's basically the same concept as a Limb Driver from what I hear. I have a Limb Driver, and love it, there's absolutely no timing needed in a Limb Driver. It all works on spring tension. I think there are quiet a few moving parts, and the Whammy looks like there is ALOT more to it.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have a parallel limb bow and probably won't be getting one anytime soon,but you never know.

I like the way the whammy is always up in the ready position,and captures the arrow way down in the prongs.

The limb driver just doesn't do it for me,just don't like the string going all the way up to the limbs.I would snag everything in the woods on that.

Quick Reply: whammy by spot hogg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.