Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whammy by spot hogg

Old 12-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whammy by spot hogg

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The limb driver just doesn't do it for me,just don't like the string going all the way up to the limbs.I would snag everything in the woods on that.
Well, that was my exact thoughts too, but I've given it a full hunting season and I haven't had one problem with it. Anything that snags on it, will snag on the cables. It's a super easy fix too, it's just d-loop material, but there's a guy on Archerytalk that I think is selling served rope for them. It is by far the easiest fall away setup ever. Where it is a spring tension rest, if that rope happens to break, it will stay in the up position. Which I would almost say you could still make a 20yd shot.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: whammy by spot hogg

I have to agree. I was originally skeptical about the cable to the top limb, however after a year and a half I have not ever snagged it. I actually end up snagging the other parts of my bow more often.

As for the operation of the Whammy and the LD, they don't operate the same. The whammy sort of cocks like a release when the bow is drawn. When the cable releases the release sort of "fires" where it drops then comes back up. The LD at rest is pulled down aganst the arrow shelf. At the draw, the cable goes slack and the rest rises due to spring pressure. When you release, the arrow has support during nearly the entire power stroke. At the last couple inches of arrow travel, basically just before the fletching gets there, the cable goes tight and pulls the rest down and out of the way.

The one thing I really like about the LD is that timing is essentially solved by the nature of how the rest operates. It is immune to cable stretching, which is often times a huge problem with conventional drop aways.