Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need help

Old 11-25-2007, 01:52 PM

Default need help

i shoot my bow twice aweek.my problem is iam pullin everything to the right.wat is causein this.my form is still the same as when i 1st started.the only thing i did to the bow was up my poundage last year.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need help

#1. I assume you shoot left handed, because that is the only way you can "pull" your shots to the right. If, hhowever, you shoot right handed you might be collapsing at the shot, not holding back tension, which can cause shots to go right and sometimes high.

#2. If you're not collapsing then string creep might be a culprit. String creep allows the draw length to become longer, in which case you can't hold the shot correctly. Again, same results as before.

#3. OR, the draw length is too long to start with. I would have very little doubt that this and #2 both apply.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:39 AM

are you canting right??
Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Sounds like you're not pulling through the shot (assuming you're right handed), as BG said in his #1. If you start to collapse as you're waiting for the shot to go off you'll miss to the right. Concentrate on maintaining good form and pulling through the shot (which means equally pushing with the bow arm and not just pulling on the release) to see if this helps.