Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quik spins w/ WB?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Quik spins w/ WB?

Anyone here ever used quik spins with a whisker bisket?
I've always been told this was a no-no, but now im in the market for some new vanes, tried the vanetek 3", which I like. But I wouldnt mind tring some quik spins, kindy expensive though to just "try" without knowing wheter or not they would work out....
Old 11-25-2007, 08:43 AM

Default RE: Quik spins w/ WB?

LOL, not a good idea, go with blazers they withstand its abusement.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Go with a drop away rest. You can use whatever fletchings you want. I found out that they are a lot more acurate than a whisker biscuit.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 AM

hey by the way Eodlt and loganw welcome to the forums
Old 11-25-2007, 09:04 AM

Ive thought about that too logan, but I like the security of the WB for my type of hunting, which is mostly stalking in the woods. So with an arrow nocked, I dont have to worry about it coming off the rest with the WB, while Im creeping along. Thats the big reason why I got it. At first I was shooting Blazers, but then I find that they corkscrew around in flight, which usually means fletching contact. So I got some lower profile vanes, the vanetec 3" and there was no corkscrewing...

Has anyone actually TRIED the quik spins out of a WB? Im getting some "opinions", but not really any hard facts...
Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

EODLT, welcome,

I'm shooting offset blazers through a WB and they corkscrew a little but that makes my broadheads shoot as straight as my fieldpoints......

F
Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

EODLT, welcome,

I'm shooting offset blazers through a WB and they corkscrew a little but that makes my broadheads shoot as straight as my fieldpoints......

F
I had 2 degree offset on my blazers too, and no matter the point, they would corkscrew. (Field tips, and SEVERAL diff. broadheads. including Rage, spitfire, stinger, muzzy, thunderheads and more.)
Old 11-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

EO, did you have good Bhead flight with the lower vanes ?

F.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 AM

I'm shooting the 2" Blazers with a 4 degree helical offset through Whisker Biscuits. The WBneeds to have a 1/32" of clearance above the arrow shaft, the bow needs to be paper tuned, and the nocks need to be adjusted so that the cockfletch is slightly left of 12 o'clock. That should eliminate your "corkscrew".
Old 11-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

The QS Speed Hunter ST's should do the job. They are proving very tough

Dan

Quick Reply: Quik spins w/ WB?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.