Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hows my form (pic)

Old 11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hows my form (pic)

I am not quite ready to say the draw length is too long but it may very well be.My suspicion is that it is.

There are some things I would like to see changed before I point to the "your draw is too long" as a cure all.

Your bow a shoulder is definately riding up to high.The front bow shoulder should push back and lock into place without rising.Yours is just pushing up.

I agree about your peep being set too high and if you fix that,you might be able to release the release with the right finger instead of the finger it looks like you are trying to use in the picture.

Try rotating the grip handa bit and getting less palm in the grip area and your fingers definately have too much tension in them.Don't worry about where they are pointing,just get them relaxed and let them hang.

This is a picture of me and is pretty good form.My grip looks a little heavy but a small grip and small hands allow me to look like this and still be on the right of the life line.

Check out my front shoulder in the following pic.This is wrong and is being caused from my draw being too short.I don't think that is what is causing your shoulder to do this but I do think it is riding up like this.It looks to me that both your shoulders and even your chest is sucked up high which indicates alot of tension to me.maybe caused from the draw length being too long,maybe not.

My suggestion is to get relaxed and drop the shoulders and chest,adjust the peep and then we can better tell if the draw is too long.Odds are that it is but without making a few changes,it is hard to know for sure.We are all different as far as body mechanics go and that is why I would like to see a few changes first.

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p236/tfox_02/?action=view&current=releasebt.flv

Old 11-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another thing I notice is avery open stance.Pull you front foot to where it is a little more perpendicular to the target.Or more along the same plane as the bow.Open is fine but you belt buckle is almost facing the target.Get it more toward the camera imo.This will help with the draw as well.

The loop looks long as well and that can help with the overall if it was shortened.

The more I look at the picture,the more I think you can have very acceptable form with your current equipment as is.Shortening the draw might be an easy/quick fix but MIGHT not be the best overall fix.Another area of concern for me is your bow forearm.It needs to be turned more away from the string than it is currently.Rotate it slightly outward.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

My computer is going back into the shop tomorrow so I will not be responding to any questions for a few days,sorry.

If you have any,pm me and as soon as my computer is back up and running,I will be glad to answer them.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:38 AM

i am gonna work on these things that everyone has suggested to do and when i get things down alittle better i post a pic up.
thanks for all of the advice and input.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 AM

At this point you really need to have someone watch you shoot and give you some instruction.

See if you can do that and let us know what happens.

It really doesn't matter what we THINK, if you can shoot well it must work for you. We are just suggesting things that may make it easier in the long run. A lot of archery is about opinions, and everyone has one, keep that in mind.

Paul
Old 11-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

AAAAAAAHHHHH , TFOX your still putting that picture up . Youain't aged since i last saw it .

Old 11-26-2007, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

At this point you really need to have someone watch you shoot and give you some instruction.

See if you can do that and let us know what happens.

It really doesn't matter what we THINK, if you can shoot well it must work for you. We are just suggesting things that may make it easier in the long run. A lot of archery is about opinions, and everyone has one, keep that in mind.

Paul
I just got home from school and was gonna say that is what i am going to do, and actually i do shoot good, but i dont have a nock loop nowas posted earlier.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Miller, something I did wrong when I started and what I noticed in one of your first pics is the weight distribution on your feet, try and devide it evenly on both feet, without leaning back or forth.....
I know a lot of things to think about when you're shooting.......

Frank
Belgium