Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hows my form (pic)

Old 11-25-2007, 12:46 PM

Default RE: hows my form (pic)

and yes my DL is 25
Old 11-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah get a smaller release.

Mat
Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 PM

i am shortening now, i stuck the thread in a vice and took off some of the thread and made sure the nut will thread on now i am taking a new pic, will put it on in a few min.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:19 PM

ok now i know i didnt have an arrow in but that is besides the point do i need shorten the release even more, and if my fingers look weird that is because i dont want to have the release go off.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/millerhunter13/100_4155.jpg
Old 11-25-2007, 01:31 PM

ok i was told to shoot with my second knuckle, can i shoot with myknuckle?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:34 PM

Looks better. But if you get a release where the trigger is further forward, you can establish an anchor point that is more on the side of your face thanunder your ear. I got some professional instruction this summer, and that was his main comment. Knuckle of the thumb joint is now just under the jaw bone at anchor - not under the ear.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:34 PM

ok good
Old 11-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Out of curiosity, have you even shortened your draw length. I have read where like 15 people have told you your draw length is too long. Playing with your release is not going to make up for a bow that doesn't fit.

Roskoe, actually my knuckle is under my ear. I shoot with a very relaxed release hand. My finger is actually on the trigger in that picture.

I have tried everything at one point or another and I like where I am at now. I do want to get a different release though. I was using a Fletcher release just for a loop that has a lot shorter head on it. And that is what the bow was set up for in that picture. I kept having problems with the loop slipping of the releasing though so I refuse to use it any more. I can only punch myself in the jaw so many times before I give up on something. That release there is a Fletcher 3-D that has very large jaws and a long head. So my loop has to be long to get it in there. It's really made to be shot off from the string.

When I start shooting more again I will be looking for a different release. I may go to a hand held back tension release like my girlfriends, not sure yet. I have looked at several designs I would like to try.

Paul
Old 11-25-2007, 01:43 PM

i cant shorten my DL, i have already tried
Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Looks better. But if you get a release where the trigger is further forward, you can establish an anchor point that is more on the side of your face thanunder your ear. I got some professional instruction this summer, and that was his main comment. Knuckle of the thumb joint is now just under the jaw bone at anchor - not under the ear.
my anchor point, is actully where the string hits my nose. not really an anchor point with the release but i shoot the same way everytime that way.

Quick Reply: hows my form (pic)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.