Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hows my form (pic)

Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 AM

Default RE: hows my form (pic)

then how come i see alot of pics of people who also ask about form and they are doing that and they dont say anything about it? I remember about a month ago or so i guy asked about his form and he had his fingers extended like mine and know say a thing about.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:39 AM

I think we are telling you the same thing, you are reading it wrong is all. I wouldn't worry about your grip or release until you can get that draw length a little shorter.

The way the string touches your nose and mouth looks good, but you are too stretched out for my liking. Your bow shoulder is up, where it should be rolled down and your elbow looks locked or hyper extended. Do you have problems with the string hitting your arm?

I will admit, I have seen waay worse.

As far as grip I would suggest setting your hand at a 45 degree angle and letting our fingers fall to the riser, but don't grab it. It really looks like you are physically holding your hand open in the first picture.

We have had some great threads on form and grip, let me see if I can find one to link to.

I would tell you what I tell many others. If you ever think of spending money on a new sight, fancy rest or expensive arrows skip the equipment and take a few lessons from a qualified instructor. Fancy equipment doesn't make you shoot better. Good solid form and technique does.

Paul
Old 11-25-2007, 12:03 PM

no i normally dont have and string slap and if i do it was because i havnt shot in a while, like i havnt had a target for like 3 weeks and i got a new target and shot alittle and the first couple of shots were hitting me alittle, but then after i shot more it stoped, and know i really dont have anything fancy so that last thing is not a concern.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 PM

I found it, and oddly enough on a post you started asking how your form was[].

Here is the link.

Linky

I have to say, your form looks better now then it did then.

I also found a thread you started about your broad heads not impacting well, and you said something to the effect of "I know it's not my form". Guess what, I would say you are wrong.

In the pictures in the thread I linked to you don't have to curl your fingers into the riser like that, but it give you a good idea how to set your grip in relationship to the angle of your hand to the riser of the bow. If you want you can just let your fingers relax and drop to the riser.

I can tell you right now that with that bow and no wrist sling there is no way you are shooting with proper form, grip and follow through. Or the bow would shoot out of your and and bounce off the floor. Hold the bow like that, aim at a target and have someone else pull the trigger for you. I think you will be in for a shock.

You have to be grabbing that bow at the shot, and that is not good either.

Paul
Old 11-25-2007, 12:08 PM

alright thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 12:14 PM

but i have a question if i didnt have follow through with the wisker bisciut wouldnt my accuracy S U C K, because i can shoot pretty acurately
Old 11-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well it depends, if after you release you do the same thing every shot then you should shoot ok because you're aways doing the same thing after the shot.

Mat

Old 11-25-2007, 12:35 PM

My girlfriend and I have similar draw lengths as you, 25-26 inches. At least I think that is what I read in another post. Am I right?

Here are some pics of us at full draw for you to compare to. The one of her in a shop was with her new Rintec while getting lessons. The other was with her old Alpine in my back yard.

These are not perfect, but it will give you something to compare it to with similar set ups. Our bows are actually pretty short though, all three are under 33 inch axle to axle lengths.

Her form actually looks a bit better than mine in these pics. My bow shoulder could be down a bit more. I wasn't standing on even ground, no excuse though.

Take a close look at where our hands are in the two pictures we have wrist releases on and compare them to yours.

Paul
Old 11-25-2007, 12:39 PM

ok so does that mean that my release is alittle too long?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:43 PM

Paul - I agree, her form actually looks a little better than yours Seriously, though, you appear to have knuckles on your draw hand behind your ear. Have you ever tried a shorter release and a very short loop?

Quick Reply: hows my form (pic)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.